What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Risio's Retro Mario 64: A Picture Thread

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Alrighty kids. So, I've decided to create a second thread. The "Alternative Cartoon Mario 64" thread will still be there, but I basically needed a new thread to help expose my pack more. The former thread will be used for updates and releases, and this one for pictures and comments and what not. So here it is, an up to date look at Risio's Retro Mario 64.

Enjoy!

p1.png

p2.png

p3.png

p4.png

p5.png

p6.png

p7.png

p8.png

p9.png

p10.png

p11.png

p12.png

p13.png

p14.png

p15.png

p16.png

p17.png

p18-1.png

p19-1.png

p20-1.png

p21-1.png

p22.png

p23.png

p24.png

p25.png

p26.png

p27.png

p28.png

p29.png

p30.png

p31.png

p32.png

p33.png

Last edited:

Ebisumaru

Wow! Beautifully composed.

Constructive Crit. : It's perfect so far! That one 1-Up mushroom in the last pic. looks a bit out of place, yet completely appropriate at the same time. :D I wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks!

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
2 things, the monkey in the second last pic looks as though it saw ts_death_angels face, and i would love to get a shot of the star/egg/egg shaped star

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Absolute stunning screenys Risio!
Your pack is more than awesome, really looking forward to new screens and updates!

mode7

Congratulations Risio,
thats a great concept. I like the idea of every level containing a part of the old mario games - cool idea with the virtual boy level -> are you planing to do one in gameboy style too? that would be awesome.
Jolly Roger Bay looks marvelous - this will be a great pack

Datadayne

p13.png

Reminds me of mario galaxy.

Great pack your putting along risio. Your progress is doing really well. I hope you the best of luck with this pack. Take your time dude, its a great clean feel to the game.

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
Turning Hazy Maze Cave into a Virtual Boy world has got to be the most ingenius idea anyone has ever employed for Mario 64. Seriously, that works out so well it's not even funny.

Amazin job man :satisfied

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Images 18 thru 21 were updated.

The lava is higher resolution, and I fixed a tiling issue with the sand, which still exists in image 22. The hand drawn Spiny is in image 21, as is the new hand drawn SMW spinner box. Also, new coins are included in several pics.

Thanks for all the support, guys!

Last edited:

Aquanistic

Well, you've done a great job on this pack, and it would be nice to see it finished some day. But nice work so far! I'm probably going to use your fonts as a template when I replace the textures on the pack I've been working on.

ps: you might want to link to your thread from your signature. I had to do a search in order to find this

sicilianogames

Hello friend, first congratulations on the great job, this texture was excellent with a game as nostalgic as the SM64. I also wanted to place an order, the download link for this beautiful texture. I appreciate if you can answer me, thank you very much.