What's new

question

drugstore

I was just curious and want to ask someone who is somewhat good in programming. Is it possible to make an emulator using Pascal?

I know a few ppl are talking about making an xbox or gamecube emulator, but i was just wondering why not try making a PSX emulator for the dreamcast. Imagine GTA3 on your DC.

Well, thanks to whoever replies.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
well i dont actually use pascal, but from what little ive seen from the language i believe it has the ability for you to program an emulator.

As for a PSX emulator for DC its called BleemCast!, though you have to buy an individual disk for each individual game, and there are only like 5 games the work, or something in that ball park. And to be honest I dont think that anyone is gioing to create a PXS emu for DC because most of the computers that are out there right now can run quite a few of the PSX games that were released. Not to mention that you get better sound, speed and resolution on the computer.

yes, thats all I believe.

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
PSX emulation on the Dreamcast I would say is a near impossibility. DreamSNES does a good job of SNES emulation on the DC, but games that require extra chips (eg. Mario Kart, Mario RPG, Starwing, Yoshi's Island) are naturally very slow because the added processing needed goes too far for the DC to do in realtime. It's been said the DC has a CPU that is close to a 150Mhz PC. Would you expect ePSXe to work well on a P150? ;)

That said, the PowerVR based GPU on the DC is a powerful chipset, and it would be very useful for PSX emulation.

PS. GTA3 is a Playstation 2 game, not PSX. You won't see that on a DC ever.

Slougi

As malcolm said, psx emulation on DC is a reality. And a 200 Mhz risc cpu is effectivly around a 400 Mhz p2.