What's new

decompile

Ketil

i was just wondering if there was some way to decompile the roms. that would be really kewl

Remote

I could be mistaken but head over to dextrose and check their sections for disassemblers and see what you can come up with. I've never tried it myself, but you shouldn't expect to get any results unless you are (a) a prodigy or (b) an emu author is disguise...

www.dextrose.com

Remote

Again, the n64 never had a dedicated music chip so all types of audio were produced at run time, of course the information exists some where but it seems likely that the location is different for every game and you would be better off recording them in an emulator, with an audio plugin which can dump the audio stream to wav or similar. There was a thread about this earlier, search for it... Read it, and realize why you aren't easily going to be able to retrive audio from roms by decompiling them...

OP
Ketil

Ketil

yes of course i have tried recording, but then i GET THOSE DAMN SHELL CLINKS!

Remote

Then record the sounds you want from your console, connect the audio stream rca to a recorder with multiple channels and isolate the sounds you want later... Shouldn't be too hard to set up if you are serious about retreiving those sounds and no matter how you look at it this way is much easier then extracting sound by sound from the rom...

Last edited: