What's new

Php Error advice

Callme

Banned
Im using a script to carryout a search on a mysql database and im getting the following error:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use"

Can anyone provide some info on this, is this something to do with the sql query i am using? Any advice would be must appreciated.

Runik

Saturnin forever !
Im using a script to carryout a search on a mysql database and im getting the following error:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use"

Can anyone provide some info on this, is this something to do with the sql query i am using? Any advice would be must appreciated.
If your script is too big, try to split it in parts and run each of them until you find where your syntax problem is.
Posting the original script might also be helpful !

smcd

Yes it sounds like the SQL query you are preparing has an error. Can you post the applicable code? (The SQL itself and how you are preparing/calling it)

EDIT: This member just joined and 3 threads started with seemingly legit yet slightly random topics... another bot?

MIO0

I searched the Internet for an uncommon phrase in the original post. It turns out that the exact same question has been asked, discussed, and resolved on another site. This post is clearly the work of a bot that takes posts from message boards and posts them on others.

...but why? Perhaps at some point it will try to post an ad disguised as a legit post.