What's new

FFXII:Revenant Wings Save Issue in NO$GBA 2.6a

GamerAeon

I dunno what happend to it but apparently the save corrupted itself...
I hadn't played in a while since I was awaiting the release of 2.6 and now since I see the .SAV file for FFXII in my Battery folder but the emulator nor the Rom Cart recognize I have a save. I managed to get it to see data ONCE but then it said it was corrupt and it had to be deleted....

I'm lost....and I need advice on the situation.:unsure:

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
that save file was made on what version of no$gba? what save type did you use to save? are you sure you didn't start the game with another save type not even once?

OP
G

GamerAeon

that save file was made on what version of no$gba? what save type did you use to save? are you sure you didn't start the game with another save type not even once?

A) 2.5

A) Same as always EEPROM 512k

A) 100% certain

Doesn't matter though It didn't take me too terribly long to replay Back to where I was.:unsure:

OP
G

GamerAeon

Just did it AGAIN!
This time with 2.6a
I was doing the third training mission at the Fane of (Forgot name)
Soon as I summoned my espers and the battle started BOOM!!!!

FATAL
The Rom-Image has crashed!

Well I load it back up and Poof no more save file.......Sorry to say but WTF!???!?!??!!?:angry: :ranting: (!)

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Usually when the emulator crashes, you get the save file from the last time before opening the emulator, since it only dumps the save file correctly when you close the emulator or load another ROM (resetting won't work). But are you saying this time the save got corrupted again? Well, it may be possible, since FF3 is one of the few games that gets save file corruption by even loading the game with the wrong save type.

OP
G

GamerAeon

Yes that's what I'm saying the Emulator crashed and then it no longer recognized I had a save file.

and it's not FF3 it's FFXII:Revenant Wings, though prior to the crash it did get rather sluggish in its emulation speed considering it 90% of the time runs at 80% or higher it had dropped down to 50% and below for some odd reason.:(

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
so you're saying that before the emulator crashed, the speed always dropped to below 50%? and did always crash at the same place?

OP
G

GamerAeon

Not always...well not since I tried it on 2.6a it never did that sort of thing on 2.5
but it did drop down every now and again.

But the emulator crashed right as it was loading that last battle in the Fane, so I dunno if THAT was too much for it at the time or what but it was acting peculiar.:borg: