What's new

Gator tried to infiltrate my browser!

MrDetermination

I'm pretty sure it was this site. I've only been to one other domain in the past hour or so and when I clicked over to here a pop up opened that I couldn't bring to front (just a "..." for a title). Then a software installation screen dialog box came up and asked me if I'd like to install gator.

Of course I declined and dipped my laptop in holy water immediately.

Then I farted in Gator's general direction.

I just thought you'd like to know.

IE 6
Fully Patched
Relatively clean cache
Win2k

Edit: The other domain was arstechnica.infopop.net and I'm like 99% sure it wasn't them.

Eagle

aka Alshain
I hate Gator, but more than anything I absolutely hate that mouse cursor program that keeps trying to install itself without asking first. However, I've never encountered Gator on this website. I think it must have been somewhere else.

Martin

Administrator
I've never seen anything like that, and I'm pretty sure I'm one of the persons browsing the network the most. :)

Eagle

aka Alshain
Lets not forget Bonzai Buddy, that is not only spyware but if you try to uninstall it, it will trash your windows installation. I used to work at a college computer lab and people were always installing that. We had to re-ghost the entire system whenever it happened.

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
the bonzai buddy is half-dead, paralysed and twitching in a corner, under the watchful gaze of six armored guards with M4 Carbines and four soldiers in 30 metre high guard towers 100 metres away armed with H&K PS1s.

oh...and the whole cage is covered with barb wire.