What's new

FF Online?

Cyberman

Ok the subject of FF XI has brought up a few interesting thoughts.

What would make FF Online a good game?

This is a tough question really.

My Thoughts:

1: Good plot that was constantly moving.
2: An evolving storyline that can be joined at ANY time of the sequence.
3: It doesn't require being on everyday of the week to find out what's going on in the game and you to be online to act in a group you are in.

Other thoughts anyone?

Cyb

Eagle

aka Alshain
I played the beta of Lineage: The Blood Pledge. While over all it wasn't that good of a game, it had some good ideas. You could join guild and seige castles. If you won the seige, you would then have to defend your castle against other attacking guilds. I don't know how this would fit in a Final Fantasy game, but I thought it was a neat idea.

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Eagle said:
I played the beta of Lineage: The Blood Pledge. While over all it wasn't that good of a game, it had some good ideas. You could join guild and seige castles. If you won the seige, you would then have to defend your castle against other attacking guilds. I don't know how this would fit in a Final Fantasy game, but I thought it was a neat idea.

Hmmm... this is a normal thing for RPG games,, you see them in Muds Moos Mushs and Mux's sometimes they are good and sometimes they aren't..

Lets start with an Example FF7 online... how would one make that work? Or heck FF8 online! for that matter ( I don't think FF9 online would be too possible). You have to change the basic game obviously :)

What needs changing?
I think the goal might be the first thing.. no?
You have towns and places all over the game not everything is fighting obviously. Like the gold saucer in FF7.

So.. What about that... an expanded gold saucer section? for example one could participate in the battle square.. and how about the chocobo races? you could become a champion racer. OR how about chocobo ranching?

All sorts of things :)

Cyb

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yah, itd be cool if you could raise chocobos and the race them against others chocobos online.

blizz

although I'd really like the FF7 world to be online, there would have to be a no. person limited to each "version" so that in some areas you keep the empty feeling, and also since the FF7 world is fairly well defined

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

blizz said:
although I'd really like the FF7 world to be online, there would have to be a no. person limited to each "version" so that in some areas you keep the empty feeling, and also since the FF7 world is fairly well defined
Yes it's fairly well defined but that doesn't mean you can't have fun with it. Perhaps some experimentation would help. I remember someone made FF6 online a while ago, (I'm not kidding) they closed it after 9 months.. because he was graduating and he figured no one else would work on the project. However it was pretty interesting how the handled it.
As for definition there were rather few towns when I looked at FF7 to be honest.

Anyhow it's a thought not necessarily an end to itself! :)

Cyb