What's new

OpenGL plugin

icepir8

:tr64:
Hi all. I hope to release an updated OpenGL plugin soon. Just thought some of you would like to know.

CYa L8r,

Icepir8

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yepee, something to get excited about. at last, lots of gfx plugins, there's daves glide plugin, this opengl plugin and azimar's plugin, its all good.

OP
icepir8

icepir8

Hey ppl,

Here is a beta of my new plugin. It has plenty of errors but I am very happy with how Zelda MoM is looking now.

Cheers!

Icepir8

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Hello Icepir8,
I have a question.
I get insanely low speed with your plugin: 10 FPS max at mario64, compared to 60-80 FPS with jabo's, and 170FPS with Glide64. I tried to fiddle with the settings of the INI but i only found the uCode there, my question is: does the INI contain more options that aren't there by default?

[EDIT]
System Specifications:
CPU: Celeron 850 Mhz
Video Card: 3Dfx VooDoo 5 5500 64MB AGP
DirectX ver: 8.1

Last edited:
OP
icepir8

icepir8

The problem you are having is that 3dfx never supported OpenGL. In you configuration you have two options.
1. find a better OpenGL driver for your card. I would try Glsetup.
2. Use Dave2001's glide64 plugin. This one would make the most sense IMHO.

Cya,

Icepir8

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
icepir8 said:
The problem you are having is that 3dfx never supported OpenGL. In you configuration you have two options.
1. find a better OpenGL driver for your card. I would try Glsetup.
2. Use Dave2001's glide64 plugin. This one would make the most sense IMHO.

Cya,

Icepir8

Firstly thank you for the Quick reply, i thought the same, though it's not accurate. The Voodoo 5 does support OpenGL but i assume that it does so very badly.

Secondly i am using Glide64, in fact i am a beta-tester, and i'd like to thank you again for all the help that dave says you gave him :)

Slougi

Yes it will.

The voodoo 5 uses a kind of ogl wrapper, called OGL minidriver. This might cause the slow-down. Not sure tho.

Slougi

I dunno ??? That's why I said not sure. And if it was it was a wrapper for a specific game, Oh and it was used in HL as well, just remembered. this would mean it had no native ogl support.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
chry, make sure u select the right ucode once uve started a game (in the video options), then press ok (a msg box appears every time u load a game).