What's new

wwf no mercy mod?

allanmccann

ok i dont understand this ,im trying to get tna vs roh as a no mercy mod for project 64 but i dont understand the instuctions like where to put "Rice Video Plugin 6 beta 10" like which files in it i use and where i put them in the emulator and where i put the tna vs roh mod in the emulator here is the instructions i just cant figure it out can someone explain how to do this completly

thanks alot

OK, so you've downloaded TNA vs ROH. It may have taken a while but it'll be worth it.
So how does this work? This isnt a 'new' game. Its simply modifications to an old N64 game - WWF No Mercy.
This is played on the PC through an 'emulator' - a program which makes your computer think it's a console, in this case the N64
To play it you'll need a couple of things.

1. - The emulator - Project 64.
This is a free and legal program, and can be downloaded at www.pj64.net. It is easy to install, and spyware free etc.

2. - The WWF No Mercy Rom (Game). I have not provided this in the download. If you don't have the original game on cart, then having the rom is piracy,
So if it is downloaded and you dont have the original, you technically should delete the rom within 24hrs.
There are different versions of the 'rom', representing the different versions of the game that came out (UK, USA etc) TNA vs ROH uses the '(U)' edition,
This can be found either at <snip> or <snip>, however bear in mind the legalities mentioned above.

3. - Video Plugins for the emulator. If you are new to N64 texture modding, this is the complicated bit, however, once you have installed Project 64,
simply download this - http://www.alanchisholm.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Videoplugins.zip - zip file and extract it to your Project 64 root folder (eg: C:/Program Files/Project 64). This will install all the neccessary files.

4. - TNA vs ROH download - If you're reading this then chances are you've already got this. Extract this to the root Project 64 folder. It may ask you if you wish to overwrite some files, Say yes.
(If you have an existing No Mercy game, you may want to back up your fla and cht files)

OK, now we're getting somewhere. Open PJ64. Go to Options>Settings. Under the Video options drop down box, select 'Rice Video Plugin 6 beta 10'
Click the options tab. Uncheck the box for 'Hide advanced settings' check the box for 'remember selected cheats'. Click OK
Go to Options>Configure Graphics Plugin. Click the Texture filters tab. Check the box for 'Load hi-res textures if available' Click OK.

OK, nearly there. Back to PJ64, Click File>Choose rom directory. Find where you saved the No Mercy Rom and click Ok.
WWF No Mercy should have appeared in the white box.
Double click WWF No Mercy, the game will load. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
you clearly shouldn't be using a computer if you can't even get Project64 to work, especially since most of the documentation is written so an idiot can read it.

OP
A

allanmccann

i didnt ask for your smart ass remarks,i know how to use project 64 i just dont understand where to put what things from the rice folder ,into what part of project 64 folder,cause i put it in just the project 64 folder and it didnt work,so someone whos not an assclown help me plz