What's new

Pokemon Pearl (and i believe diamond) help

Danno10398

i'm trying to play pearl, and the backup is flash 512 or sumtin, and when it saves, i restart it and it says something about a communication error then it freezes when i press A

WTF?:ranting:

spotanjo3

AFter you set up the correct save... Click "RESET CARTRIDGE"

Ma Chao,

No, I am using firmware.bin and I can save it just fine (I hate pokemon but for a test purpose to see if it's true or not). Yeah, it's saving just fine with firmware.bin.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Yeah I came back because I forgot to mention it might be the wrong save type. Sorry.

Some people who were having trouble loading a save file (even with the correct save type) had a firmware.bin file in the nocash folder, and most of them seemed to solve their problems by removing the firmware.bin file from the folder. They might have done something else too and that solved the problem, but who knows.

spotanjo3

Oh perhaps. I dont know why they had a problem when I do not have a problem. Oh well. I hope everything is going okay with them. :)

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
There's a new version already, released yesterday. I've never had that problem with Pokemon on 2.6 though.

And I recommend you start from scratch, delete your pokemon .sav file and start again, making sure you selected the right save type, reset and then save your game after starting a new game. But if you get the new version, you won't need to mess with the save type option.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
If you donated to get the 2.6 version, then you should know...

EDIT: At least I won't help you anymore, because you were distributing no$gba 2.6 on your forum (the one in your signature), and when you posted it there, it was still paid, and not only that, with bios and firmware files with it.

Last edited:

smcd

Actually on his site it says he has trouble adding a new donate button, so if you bookmarked the "return to merchant" page you could download 2.6a. (he did say he would appreciate receiving a donation for 2.6a too though!)

As for pokemon: is the game encrypted? try it both encrypted and decrypted. Also, it might be worth your time to see if it is a "good dump" using a tool like clrmamepro with advanscene's nds dat or no-intro's nds dat, or offline list, etc...

smcd

We are somehow responsible for his (if he did) abuse? How could either one of us know?