What's new

A question about saving

Richie Cunningh

Custom Loser Title
No, not one of those questions.

I was playing a game (Yu-Gi-Oh Nightmare Troubadour, *cough*) with No$GBA 2.5c, and had invested a lot of time into it, without getting very far.
Then I saw the new release of 2.6, paid for it, and now I've lost my old save game.

I mean I tried to copy it over, but it reverted to an earlier save. Not the beginning, but pretty early on in the game. I'll use an analogy of the alphabet. I was midway through singing the 'lmnop' bit, and all of a sudden I'm back to 'c'. Not 'a', but 'c'.

Anyway, I digress. My question: Are save games compatible across the versions? Is there a trick? Have I missed something obvious? I copied .../nocash25c/battery/*.* to /nocsah26/battery/*.* Where the asterisks are the name of the files, I forget the exact one.

It doesn't ultimately matter, as 2.6 is fast enough that I've made up lost ground. But I'm still curious, and I'm sure someone knows the answer. Or lack of. You know, thought it might help someone else. Maybe.

Cheers,
Richie Cunningham.

smcd

As far as I know it should be compatible but bugs do happen. Maybe someone else who experienced such a thing can chime in :) If nothing else, maybe file a bug report? Do you still have the original save file too? (might be handy)

OP
R

Richie Cunningh

Custom Loser Title
I do have the original file, but it has reverted back to 'c' status as well (loaded in 2.5c version). As far as filling out a bug report, I wouldn't know where to start, or what to include. It would make me feel better if this has happened to someone else though.

I don't want to be a freak.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
It is possible, every save file I made on no$gba 2.5 still works on 2.6, and I also backup saves made on 2.6 on the 2.5c folder. Did you chose the right save type before loading the game after changing versions?

OP
R

Richie Cunningh

Custom Loser Title
You know what, that is probably the cause of it. It's likely that I tried 256, then looked up the real save type (eeprom56), but by then it had already corrupted the save file. In a half arsed kind of way.

Ok, so we know what caused it, but we don't know what it is that happened. Meh, I can live with that.

Thanks for listening anyway. :)