What's new

FASTEST GFX Plugin

rickianblaster

Hey, I use a crappy pc, and I want to know what will give me the absolute fastest graphics performance. I don't care too much about quality, as long as I can get 640x480, at 40fps, or more. I'm trying to run Zelda OOT. If someone could help me out, I would really appreciate it. I'm not sure if my stats are automaticlly added, so here they are.

I'm currently using Jabo's DirectX7 plug-in

PII Celeron @700Mhz
384MB 133MHz ram
GeForce2 GTS w/64MbDDR +TVout
7200Rpm HDs
Sound Blaster PRO
Win98(or XP, but it's SLOW...)

I hope that some1 will help me, please do not attempt to figure out Y XP is slower... No one knows, I think it's just some OLD harware.

Thank You.

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
For GFX plugins Jabo's seem to be the fastest, the bottleneck is definitely your CPU. On those specs, running Zelda:

UltraHLE!

Hehe. As long as you use a glide wrapper! (personally, I use GL2IDE 1.6)

AFAIK Pj's core is pretty slow, on a Celeron it probably will not be playable.

1964 / Jabo D3D7 1.40 also might be something to check on.

Last edited:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Tk64 said:
For GFX plugins Jabo's seem to be the fastest, the bottleneck is definitely your CPU. On those specs, running Zelda:

UltraHLE!

Hehe. As long as you use a glide wrapper! (personally, I use GL2IDE 1.6)

AFAIK Pj's core is pretty slow, on a Celeron it probably will not be playable.

1964 / Jabo D3D7 1.40 also might be something to check on.

Bull Shit... :stupid:
He Can Run it at 700MHz, thats the Recommended Specs....

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah but the min spec is a 700Mhz P3, so that 700Mhz Celeron is iffy. I suggest you use the Dx6 video plugin (but try TnL HAL on Dx7 also), disable RSP audio (use Azimer's assuming you still want sound) and er... well read the manual for all settings. You should be able to get 60FPs most of the time.

OP
R

rickianblaster

Oohh... crap.

I'm gettin' bugged, my computer isn't running nearly as well as it used to... And I'm the local *KING* of optimization. I'v already disabled sound...:(

As far as I know 1964 requires an 800Mhz...

Since when does ULTRAHLE support Zelda?

I thank you for ttaking your time to respond... If you know any other way to assist me, please notify me.

Also, I noticed something about an update to PJ64, after 1.4?
What is that?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: Oohh... crap.

rickianblaster said:
I'm gettin' bugged, my computer isn't running nearly as well as it used to... And I'm the local *KING* of optimization. I'v already disabled sound...:(

As far as I know 1964 requires an 800Mhz...

Since when does ULTRAHLE support Zelda?

I thank you for ttaking your time to respond... If you know any other way to assist me, please notify me.

Also, I noticed something about an update to PJ64, after 1.4?
What is that?
Err, as far as I know, uHLE supported Zelda a loooooooooong way back!

thine_impalor

Local spammer
PII Celeron!!
What the hell is that?????
Anyway, i played pj with my old p2 400mhz and it worked FAIRLY decently(bit slow of course) so it should work on this.