What's new

How can i get two players to play on one keyboard?

FireFreek

Well, i set all of the keys seperately, but i cant get the second player to work in DK64 under multiplayer. Yes, i checked "controller is plugged in".

Also, i've got two questions: Would the second controller still not work, even if i had a controller or a joypad? And is there another emulator that would allow this without many problems?

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Use the most recent NRage plugin, stable is more recommended than the beta.
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=36135
Make sure "Plugged" is checked and set up controls in there.

If that doesn't work, it's possible your rom is weird somehow. See if you can't make it work in another game.

OP
F

FireFreek

When I use the NRage plugin, after I set the second player's settings, i press save and go to the game. It doesn't work, so i go back and find all the second player's settings unassigned(yes it was plugged).

Oh wait, i dont think i have the most recent version. Lemme get that and come back. After moving the .dll file to the plugins folder, i went to the settings, and said that the plugin couldn't be loaded. Any help about that?

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
IMPOSSIBLE

a Keyboard only allows up to 5 (3 if it has a function key combo) buttons to be pressed at a time, otherwise you get a key overrun error.

GamerAeon

PJ64 won't allow you to double up on a keyboard it'll never Ever work.

MAME and FBa (Final Burn Alpha) are the only emulators I'm AWARE of that allow dual keyboarding but even then you have a general slowdown.

Long story short if you wanna multiplay with PJ64 get some controllers they're a wise investment:matrix:

X-Fi6

MAME and FBa (Final Burn Alpha) are the only emulators I'm AWARE of that allow dual keyboarding but even then you have a general slowdown.

Long story short if you wanna multiplay with PJ64 get some controllers they're a wise investment:matrix:
Agreed.

Just open up Notepad press 6 or 7 letters at a time with your keyboard and see what happens. ;)

p_025

If this is true, then it's fixed in PJ1.7
And goldeneyepd fan, instead of the thumbs up, you can use the reputation button. It's just below the user's avatar, next to their online status indicator.

p_025

The way people were saying it made it sound like there was a limitation in PJ64 as well. And I know that can't be true for 1.7.

As to the keyboard going nuts if you hit too many keys, DUH.