What's new

Conker's Bad Fur Day Stability Issues

FlotsamX

I've been playing the game through, and up until now, nothing odd has happened with the game. But, when I get to the Panther King's throne area, the speed starts to become less stable, going as low as 40, but usualy staying in the 50s. Is this a problem with the emulator? My graphics card, even if built in, should be able to run hi-rez N64 games: right?

mudlord

Banned
The original game had slowdown issues in intense scenes, so what you are experiencing could be normal emulation :plain:

revl8er

That Damn Good
It happens in the original game as well, it's just that the emulator emulates the game as it was run on the original console.

Allnatural

If the FPS counter (which is actually a VI/s counter, but I'll not explain that again) in the PJ64 window is dropping it's not normal, insofar as it's not the game itself causing the framerate drop. You seem to have other problems, and this:

My graphics card, even if built in, should be able to run hi-rez N64 games: right?
...is one of the usual suspects (but don't quote me on that).

GamerAeon

If the FPS counter (which is actually a VI/s counter, but I'll not explain that again) in the PJ64 window is dropping it's not normal, insofar as it's not the game itself causing the framerate drop. You seem to have other problems, and this:

actually anyone that's played games for a while on a PC will straight out tell you a built in Sound Card = Ok a Built in Vid Card = garbage

Basically take the stats on the built in and they can go down to nearly half....
Though from what I hear AMD is trying to BREAK that curse of PCs

Btw what're the odds on some Plugins using DX8 or 9.0c?

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Any particular reason why it won't go so far as 9.0c or 10? Or would that require a complete reprogramming of the plugin?

OP
F

FlotsamX

Umm... my computer can play Halo PC at its highest resolution. At a full 60fps. I told you it wasn't the video card, and come to think of it, I shouldn't have even mentioned it, considering that's what everyone is going to say now.