What's new

A lot of speed in Zelda (No$GBA 2.6)

Nahuel

We always claim for gain more speed in emulation, but this time I wish that the emulator slow down a bit!!!

When I play The Legend Of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass with No$GBA 2.6, the sound is perfect but the speed of the game is faster that it should be. This is my config:

Emulation Speed: Realtime, Auto
3D Render: nocash or opengl

For play at real speed I put "Unlimited Disaster MHz 100%" but the sound changes.
But if I play with "Realtime, Auto" the sound is perfect but I can´t play the game because it run so fast!!!!

Please tell me your config to run this game and sorry for my bad english.

OP
Nahuel

Nahuel

of course. The speed perfect with unlimited disaster 100% it´s, but the sound don´t.
I think that the Realtime, Auto´s speed is wrong, because the game runs a lot faster but the sound not.

spotanjo3

As I said... It is still in development. The sound is in processing. It's not perfect, you know.. Not yet. :)

OP
Nahuel

Nahuel

I know i know! jejejeje, but I can´t be patient when I have a Zelda Rom in my hand (or in my computer?) jejejeje.

how is your config for this game and what speed you have???

spotanjo3

No, we have the same issues as yours. :)

It is not your computer or rom itself. This emulator is still in processing. There's nothing you can do until next version improvement.

OP
Nahuel

Nahuel

oh.... i don´t feel alone anymore jeje.

I thinks that the emulator need this change:
- Correct that problem
- zoom x2 or fullscreen (if possible)
- Correct sound
- Improve nocash render or correct opengl render
- Change Name and Icon!!!! It´s a DS EMULATOR no a GBA EMULATOR!!!! (GOT IT??? jejejeje

No$DS 3.0!!!!!!

spotanjo3

Maybe:

- zoom x2 or fullscreen (Maybe)
- Correct sound (It will be done but be patient)
- Improve nocash render or correct opengl render (He is working on it!!!)
- Change Name and Icon!!!! It´s a DS EMULATOR no a GBA EMULATOR!!!! (No, it is still GBA emulator because it runs gba games too so it won't change at all accord to him. It will be stay unless he want to do both for a new name. :))

No$gba 2.7 in a few months or so. No$gba 2.6a will be out next month. :)

OP
Nahuel

Nahuel

Visual Boy Advance runs GB and GBC roms and the name has "advance" on it.
jejeje

OP
Nahuel

Nahuel

I want to say that the emulator should have the name acord to the last generation of rom that is capable of emulate.

spotanjo3

Does it matter to you ? Nobody complaint about it. You should enjoy this wonderfully emulator and that's about it. Let martin Korth, yes, the developer himself works on this development to improvement, ok ? :)

OP
Nahuel

Nahuel

oh!! it was just a joke. The name it dosn´t matter at all!!! jejeje
I think that he is doing a great job with this emulator.
No complains, just questions and suggestions! jeje

spotanjo3

Kinda being off-topic but... are you guessing, or is it inside information? :3~

I donate and got the information that 2.6a will be next month but he can change the date unexpect if he wants to but I doubt. Usually, he release every months. Sometimes two months later but mostly every monthly. know. :)

Last edited:

GamerAeon

2.5c will handle Zelda the same way as well
Though I still have to figure out what's wrong with my computer so the mic will work so I can get past a certain part lol:borg:

spotanjo3

2.5c will handle Zelda the same way as well
Though I still have to figure out what's wrong with my computer so the mic will work so I can get past a certain part lol:borg:

Yeah but graphic was not correct in 2.5c version. The problem is... dark characters and dark seagull.

This 2.6 is much better and speed is improvement over 2.5c :)

GamerAeon

I have a good amount of speed with 100% Mhz Disaster but the choppy sound leaves alot to be desired Oh well...something to look forward to I suppose :bouncy: