What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

link tunic textures

jteen88

I have been trying to figure out this whole retexture thing and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, here are a couple I did the fist one is my favorate, this is my first attempt to resize a texture, I wasnt able to get the othe tunic textures to work this way, when I try to use them they dont show up. What I did was Resize the image 400% then remade the texture (blank canvas) but the chest/back is the only one that shows up

the second is ok but not high quality, I left the images the same size just used a felt texture these all worked

anyway, let me know what you think and if anybody can explain to me why the other resized textures didn't work I would be very happy

WWLink

Hero of Winds
I don't know why some textures would not be working, but here's my feedback on your textures. Your textures look great for a beginner. One thing you should do is soften up on the noise. But otherwise, great job!

EDIT: Wait, I might know what's wrong could you PM me the textures? If it's what I think it is I could fix it.

EDIT 2: It's generally not recommended to use other texture packs with yours in screenshots, because people might think you stole them and were calling them your own. *looks at Xenobond*

Last edited:
OP
J

jteen88

ok ill remove the other textures next time thnx for the heads up. and yes I will pm you the ones I am using.

OP
J

jteen88

well, it would seem as though I cant use attachments in a pm so ill post them here I dont care if people take em

edit: yknow, it just occurred to me that maybe it needs to be b & w

WWLink

Hero of Winds
well, it would seem as though I cant use attachments in a pm so ill post them here I dont care if people take em

edit: yknow, it just occurred to me that maybe it needs to be b & w

Yes, it does need to be black & white. But that would not cause the texture to not load. It would just cause the textures to not be recolored properly when used with the Goron or Zora tunics. I'll take a look at the textures and see if I can find whats wrong.

EDIT: You have to use the _all texture not the _rgb. That's what is wrong. Just change the ending of the biggest texture from _rgb to _all. Then it will load. The others load just fine.

EDIT 2: Oh no not another edit! :O Anyway, are you going to make a whole pack of OOT? If you are I would love to help. What kind of style are you going for?

EDIT 3: I'm going overboard with edits! Ahh!!! Okay, anyway, just some feedback. First of all, you need to turn them B&W. Then, I suggest you brighten them. Right now your textures are much darker than the originals.

Last edited:
OP
J

jteen88

_rgb to _all... got it, first off i would like to point out that these were just test textures, the textue im looking at using is probably gonna look a lot like the first picture. Yes I do plan on making an entire pack... wich is probably going to take a while scince I rarely finish anything I start, but I really couldn't tell you what the style would be, really I want to use a more realistic look but give it the color scheme of TP without making it look too much like TP, ya know what I mean?if not maybe you can pick it up after I do some more work otherwise, sure I would love some help... if your still interested lol. if you are I will PM you my email

WWLink

Hero of Winds
_rgb to _all... got it, first off i would like to point out that these were just test textures, the textue im looking at using is probably gonna look a lot like the first picture. Yes I do plan on making an entire pack... wich is probably going to take a while scince I rarely finish anything I start, but I really couldn't tell you what the style would be, really I want to use a more realistic look but give it the color scheme of TP without making it look too much like TP, ya know what I mean?if not maybe you can pick it up after I do some more work otherwise, sure I would love some help... if your still interested lol. if you are I will PM you my email

Yeah, I noticed they were just test. I PMed you answering the rest of your questions. Your style sounds interesting.

EDIT: What program are you using to make your textures? GIMP? Paint.NET? Photoshop? Also, 50th post yay!

Last edited:

WWLink

Hero of Winds
I am using Photoshop

Did you buy it? That's a steep price tag to plow through. Currently I use Paint.NET and Gimp together. I've tried to *cough*pirate*cough* Photoshop, but it wouldn't work. I want it really badly. :(

WWLink

Hero of Winds

Thanks I'll see if they are any good. Also, why are they all the same grass texture?

EDIT: What are the correct names? Photobucket messed up the names.

Last edited:

WWLink

Hero of Winds
Here are some screenshots. Remember this pack has just started so very few textures are done and any are subject to change.

OP
J

jteen88

these are all small size, all our textures are 4x their original size

Last edited: