What's new

Alright, what is the problem? How can I fix it?

ArkadiyG

I've got Dolphin 1.02. I have Windows XP SP2 32bit. I have 2 gigs of ram, an Intel Core 2 duo at 2.66GHz, an NVIDIA 8800GT at 512MB, and 3 roms of SSBM. I've tried all 3, don't know what to do, the game is too slow. Going through the menus is no problem, but when I try to start a game it freezes, and when I accidentally watch the video during the start screen it's very slow. I'm using dynarec, and am ignoring unemulated opcodes.

Surely it can't be my computer, I mean I know emulation isn't very reliable, but my computer must be good enough to play it at a steady framerate no? Is it the ROMs? Anyone actually know?

Drizen

As far as I am aware of, 32-bit versions of Dolphin are significantly slower than the 64-bit beta. There might possibly be some configurations you can do to stabilize the framerate, but I am unsure what specifically might help. At any rate, Dolphin is just too early in its development stages to be played at reasonable framerates in 32-bit operating systems right now.

pjc

To fix your problem go to options in ssbm change the language to japanese and then back to english again, you will need to do this every time you play it otherwise it will freeze. If you use 64 bit windows and 64 bit dolphin you will not have this problem.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
To fix your problem go to options in ssbm change the language to japanese and then back to english again, you will need to do this every time you play it otherwise it will freeze. If you use 64 bit windows and 64 bit dolphin you will not have this problem.
That's just how you keep it from freezing. Since you can't do this in the middle of a classic or adventure mode challenge, you can't unlock any characters that way. You also can't finish any of the All-Star event battles, since those switch maps after every opponent too.

Sire Shadow

Here is my problem. How do you even download the games for the emulator? I've been all over the site, but just can't figure out how to download them.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The Dolphin homepage doesn't offer game downloads. The reason should be obvious.