What's new

ROM compatability

cut of your jib

I would prefer to simply stick with project 64 rather than get other emulators. My problem is that every time I download a ROM PJ64 won't put the ROM into it's directory. I want to play these but I don't know where to get the ROMs with the correct file type.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
every time I download a ROM PJ64 won't put the ROM into it's directory.
Care to elaborate? I just can't follow your train of thought here.

Project64 doesn't automatically put ROMs anywhere. You need to put the ROM yourself into Project64's Roms folder for said ROM to appear in Project64's Rom Browser window. (Project64 looks for roms in it's Roms folder by default, but you can change this to whatever folder you like from PJ64's settings).

Note that Project64 doesn't recognize roms inside compressed archives, save ZIP files. It would do you a lot of good to read the Project64 User Manual, especially the Installation/Installing Games section.

DementedWish

I would prefer to simply stick with project 64 rather than get other emulators. My problem is that every time I download a ROM PJ64 won't put the ROM into it's directory. I want to play these but I don't know where to get the ROMs with the correct file type.

If you mean somewhat like a Rom Playlist.

Then build a ROM folder..then start PJ64, then go to "Choose ROM directory..." once you choose the Folder, all compatable ROMs in the folder will be added to the list, and updated each time a ROM is added to the folder.

Tastegud

nah it shows but u usually have to press F5 to make sure

especially if ur playing project64k. usually it will just be automatic