What's new

FightingForce64errors

SSJ3_Goku

I have a question. I was playing FF64 and then it all the sudden showed half the screen (as in i can only see half the pj64 screen).
Why is this? I have a descent comp that plays n64 games near descent (466mhz, 16meg onboard chip,192megs of ram). Im pretty sure i need a new 3d card but for now i need help. Any drivers or versions to download, i use version 1.1. Also, version 1.1 is the ONLY one that has keypad support, all the others don't.
And whats with the not letting you use your own Gamepad? I have a 8 button USB Intruder and can't use it on games like Zelda, Mario Kart, FF64, Goldeneye, Duke Nukem, MK Trilogy, all games that need a gamepad. Thanks anway.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
First, your CPU is a little slow (466 mhz? At least around 700 mhz is recommended).
To use your gamepad, make sure it's installed in the gamepads in the control-panel, since it will only detect those.

OP
S

SSJ3_Goku

It is installed in the control panel and all the games i play automatically detect it since its USB. Thanks anyway but ive found
a new emulator that plays FF64 with full speed and full controller support. Corn 0.2.

Doomulation

SSJ3_Goku said:
It is installed in the control panel and all the games i play automatically detect it since its USB. Thanks anyway but ive found
a new emulator that plays FF64 with full speed and full controller support. Corn 0.2.
LMAO! Corn! Dude, corn is very fast, but doesn't have very much comptability...
I'd suggest you use pj, 1964 or at least nemu!

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Actually from my experience, these specs are what I'd call min:

(all need a 3d card)

Corn: Pentium 166 MMX
UHle: Pentium 2 400 / K6-2 500
Nemu: P3 750
1964: P3 1000 / Athlon (any) / Duron 1000
PJ64: P4 1.5 / Athlon 1.2 / Dual P3 Xeon 1000

So from your specs I'd say use Corn if the game is supported, UHle if Corn won't run it, and Nemu if you get really desperate.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
'cos you don't have very many games. at all.

and PJ properly set up is full speed in nearly all games with much less than P4 1.5Hgz.

OP
S

SSJ3_Goku

Goldeneye,Legend of Zelda Orarina of Time,Majoras Mask, Fighting Force 64, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart 64, Conquers bad fur day, Superman, Batman ROTJ, Duke Nukem 64, Doom, Quake, Quake 2, The World is not enough, should i go on?:D But one problem, no sound on the version i have???. Someone said 1964 is good, gonna try that one.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
lol, list as many games as you like, it doesn't change the fact that they don't work (in Corn).

Strange person :)

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
SSJ3_Goku said:
Whatever, but does anyone know of a good emulator that works with lower end computers?

Let me Answer this...
Your Best Bet is Sticking With Corn becasue it is the fastest Emu for Lower Class Computers & Video cards. 1964 is comming right behind Corn, Great Comaptibility with game, but it is alittle buggy but i still Use it, YES ME!!! :p. PJ64 Would Be your last hope, but you would need to quit all of your Backround services.... BTW, use Jabo's 3D for all Emus Except Corn. It dont use zilmar's Plugin Spec...

OP
S

SSJ3_Goku

Little blurry but you get the picture, heres anthother. Sure its a little buggy on my video card but it still works(you said it didnt) So next time you want to run your mouth make sho you got the facts straight, aight?.

Trotterwatch

Can you show me a picture of Conkers Bad Fur Day running on Corn then, can ya? Nope because it doesn't work.

Do us all a favour, don't be so damn rude to people, I think you'll find Smiff knows A LOT about N64 Emulation.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
ahhh
Here is a hint dude on how to make screen shots, just Hit Print Screen on your Windows Keyboard. Then, put it in paint & save it, I cant see shit... :p

OP
S

SSJ3_Goku

I can show you a pic but i don't wanna waste my time making screen shots when i know ill be ridiculed some more. Im outa this board for good.

Doomulation

Tk64 said:
Actually from my experience, these specs are what I'd call min:

(all need a 3d card)

Corn: Pentium 166 MMX
UHle: Pentium 2 400 / K6-2 500
Nemu: P3 750
1964: P3 1000 / Athlon (any) / Duron 1000
PJ64: P4 1.5 / Athlon 1.2 / Dual P3 Xeon 1000

So from your specs I'd say use Corn if the game is supported, UHle if Corn won't run it, and Nemu if you get really desperate.
Alright, first off, you're wrong about these! I think these specs are for running full speed, which isn't just as important.
1964 at 1000 MHz!?!? I don't believe it!
And pj doesn _NOT_ require 1.5 GHz to run. An 800 MHz celeron is pretty good enough. Runs most games at decent speed, maybe a little slow at some areas, but who cares!

And for you, goku, corn has very little compability! And, yes! Zelda works in Corn! That's why you could take that pic!
And example of what does NOT work in Corn, is, for example, Mario Party-series.
Don't come being so rude, dude, we know more than you!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Doomulation, your replies give me a headache, could you try to write in normal English.

SSJ3_Goku, (and anyone reading this thread and going "huh?"), I just said some of those games didn't work in Corn, which is correct. I have a Corn compatibility list which was done a while ago but is roughly right (and Corn hasn't been updated since) here http://www.smiff.clara.net/emulators/corn/compatibility.htm.

I estimate the overall compatibility of Corn at around 10% and Project64 about 80%, so Project64 runs about eight times as many games as Corn. I don't think anyone is going to seriously argue with that.