What's new

I only have one MAJOR problem with Dolphin x64 in vista!

Zaraki Kenpachi

No matter what I try, I can't get my XBox 360 for Windows controller to work with it.

I can deal with no sound, I can deal with crashes but I can't deal with QWERTY.

I am sitting here (after destroying my old windows xp installation accidentally and restoring my system to a triple boot XP-Vista 32bit-Vista Ultimate x64) looking at Zelda Twighlight Princess running @ 25~30 FPS with nothing to play it.

Sure I could use my keyboard.....BUT I DON'T WANNA! :puke:

I keep getting the ChangeNUMPlayers error.

I don't understand what you want from me dolphin! I already sacrificed 100's of man hours destroying my xp installation and rebuilding it. Shall I sacrifice a virgin atop an alter of ET cartridges? Would that make your HAPPY!?

ANSWER ME DOLPHIN! Or the G4 gaming goddess will smite you, she'll SMITE you gooooood!! :angry:

My config is as follows:

Any version of windows I want. (Already said I was triple booting)
Conroe E6600 2.4Ghz Duo
3GB Ram
7900 GTO 512MB

OH! BTW. Hi everyone. I'm new here and I love your emulator. Keep up the good work! :party:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
You can ignore theChangeNUMPlayer one and configure your pad without problems.
But for use with a pad I really can recommend you NJoy 0.2...
Good luck!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Ah, you're right...
Like I said, I didn't tried Dolphin for a lot months, so NJoy will not work in Dolphin X64... sorry

LelandStanford

When using the DirectX9 Plugin, look for the tab labeled the name of your controller. My gamepads work with mine on x64, and no, the Changenumplayers popup has no bearing on whether your pad was set up correctly.

OP
Z

Zaraki Kenpachi

Thanks for the replies guys.

The trouble is this:

When I click "Pad Settings" nothing happens. When I try to configure my joypad I get the "ChangeNumPlayers" pop-up.

I am using a XBox 360 wireless controller for windows with the latests drivers installed. I have yet to find a tab that shows me my controller. Is there are critical step I'm missing here? I've been through every setting I can imagine.

Is there an ini file I can configure to force it to my bidding? I fear the onset of arthitis should I try to play through twilight princess with my keyboard. :(

Edit: BTW, when I use dynarec my game speeds up tremendously but when I add dual core, el freezo. Any reason for this? Does Vista x64 hate dolphin?

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

Sorry to bump this but I too am having the same problem with my Xbox360 controller and Vista 64-bit.

My 360 controller is a wired controller and works flawlessly under XP64 with Dolphin 64-bit.

As the op everytime I click the "Configure" button for the pad plugin, that 'ChangeNumPlayers' box pops up. However the controller configuration screen never pops up.

After clicking the "Configure" button a few times and that 'ChangeNumPlayers' box pops up, it winds up crashing Dolphin.

I have tried both with UAC on and off in Vista x64 as well as running Dolphin x64 as an administrator.

Both didn't work whatsoever.

Apparently the pad Plugin does work with Vista since I've seen people post screenshots playing under Vista x64.

Something seems to be interfering with the pad plugin under Vista x64, but I can't pinpoint exactly what.

Has anyone else had luck getting the Wired 360 controller to work with Dolphin x64 under Vista x64?

If so please let me know how. Thank You. :)

heftig

Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far everyone running Dolphin x64 on Vista x64 has used the PadSimple plugin (me included), which does work.

deets

yep i also have the same issue with changenumplayers, cant get it to work at all with the xbox controller :)

is a shame as the speed up over the 32 bit version is fantastic!

deets

is there any chance this could be looked into, although i hate sounding ungrateful as its a fantastic little prog :)