What's new

which is the best emulator for DS

albert0

Which is the best emulator for DS? I tried using google, but it didnt come up with any good results. Does anyone know what to use?

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
No$GBA is great, but some games will fail that run perfectly on iDeaS, so don't just sit around with a single emulator passing along ROMs that fail on it - atleast 2 or 3 will work better.

Also to note, with No$GBA, you have to set the save type yourself. The author has not added autodetection yet, but i'm pretty sure its only because its not really all that important. Though some games will fail to boot with the wrong SRAM, Your better off just using a utility of some sort in order to detect the save type. If your like me and backup your ROMs via FTP/SD from your DS, then it will tell you the save type and you can even backup your SRAM data over FTP/to SD too (Infact, its the first thing you backup on the utility I use to backup games)

spotanjo3

No$gba rules! I am using three emulators: No$gba, iDeaS, Neonds. All are the latest versions I have. No$gba have a higher compabilities and I almost finish Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow with no graphic errors and nice SPEED, amazing!!!! :D

new_profile

The only problem with No$GBA actually is speed unless you have a good configuration but it's the most compatible so far.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Actually, In no$GBA Most games run smoother and with less spiking/lengths of slowdowns than iDeaS for me. It makes certain games feel more playable...

Too bad about the missing sprites problem... Makes one of my favorite games unplayable...