What's new

Shakugan no Shana DS Problem

gadi800

ok so according to ADVANsCEne the save type for Shakugan no Shana DS is Eeprom 64KByte, I put that into no$gba's setting and reseted the emulator, so when I tried to save it didn't save (it just kept on using the loading screen for when you save) any1 know if there's a way to fix this or if the save type is wrong?

smcd

advanscene's listings are in kilobit i think. if that's the case, divide by 8 *unless you already did and the listing said 512kbit

OP
G

gadi800

it's not the right one, the screen stays blue at the beginning (meaning it doesn't load) I think all the ones that have a chance of saving is the ones that let you load the game (I tried saving on all of it before, but none of them succeeded, I remember I did it on one of the saves before but it took atleast 30 minutes)

smcd

no the advanscene page says 64kbit, so try eeprom 8kbyte in no$gba... or you could give my rather lame ds game loader a try :p http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=42423 The game runs but saving seems to take forever if it works at all - maybe no$gba has a problem with this game?

Last edited:
OP
G

gadi800

yeah I tried eeprom 8kbyte in no$gba, didn't work, so I'll test out your "lame" game loader ;S

EDIT: it crashes when I try to load shakugan no shana ds ;S

Last edited:

spotanjo3

EEPROM 8kbytes is the correct one but I dont play this game. It is not for me but wait for the next version hopefully will fix it for you. :)

OP
G

gadi800

ok, I'll try saving with 8kbytes then

EDIT: it doesn't work =[

Last edited:
OP
G

gadi800

I tried many times, it always never worked except this one time where it took atleast an hour to save

OP
G

gadi800

errrr how??? do I just tell him that it takes atleast an hour to save in shakugan no shana?

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Looks about time to try an alternative emulator for this game. iDeaS would be a good start.

OP
G

gadi800

ok, I'll test it with ideas

EDIT: ok so it doesn't work on ideas (I tried all saves ;S)

EDIT2: also tested on neonds, the game froze

EDIT3: desmume doesn't load the game at all

Last edited:

spotanjo3

no they do not. no$gba is the best result and I think it will fix in the next version because I heard one game familiar to you or something have that problem. Don't waste it, ok ? :)