What's new

No$gba 2.5b released

Crypter

03 November 2007 - version 2.5b
- nds/3d/debug: vram viewer auto-updates 3d tree view (if any) during emulation
- nds/3d/debug: defaults to disable old/slow 3d debugmsg's (instead vram viewer)
- nds/3d/mtx: removed v2.5 z-rounding trick, allows to change projection per vtx
- nds/3d/mtx: gl_projection set to identity (but max depth +1.0 instead +0.99)
- nds/3d/mtx: all matrix math done by software without using any opengl matrices
- nds/spi: allows to deselect/disable spi bus without clearing the hold-bit
- nds/3d/debug: vram viewer displays texture bitmap for currently selected vtx
- nds/3d/debug: vram viewer draws laser arrow from screen-center to selected vtx
- nds/3d/debug: vram viewer indicates unused lights and color tables by red line
- nds/3d/debug: vram viewer shows color/material/shininess/etc for selected vtx
- nds/wifi/help: added port 24Ch/24Eh/250h, 264h/270h, 2A4h/2C4h, 2C8h/2CCh info
- nds/3d/speedup/frameskip: renders 3d only when needed (capture and video out)
- nds/3d/speedup: position vectors multiply only 3x4 matrix (and add 1x4 * w=1)
- nds/3d/speedup: directional vectors use 3x3 matrix maths (instead slow 4x4)
- nds/key1/help: renamed crypt_up/down (actually encrypt/decrypt) (thanks simon)
- nds/3d/stage2/buf: all 3d rendering/lighting/vtxmaths performed from buffer
- nds/3d/multi: uses a single opengl context shared (and working) for multiplay
- nds/3d/internal: internally translates gx commands 0..255 to ID codes 0..38
- nds/wifi/help: added W_TX_HDR_CNT port 194h bit0,1,2 info (thanks Tim Seidel)
- nds/3d/debug: added new 3d page to vram viewer, treeview for buffered commands
- nds/3d/buf: stores initial frame settings, reallocs larger buffer when needed
- nds/3d/buf: stores commands with original params, and results on each mtx cmd
- nds/3d/buf: buffers all gx commands (for future frameskip and for vram viewer)
- nds/3d/deguglog: appends current matrix_mode as comment to all matrix commands
- nds/3d/softlight: fixed shininess_table index (7bit index = 8bit data div 2)
- nds/wifi: emulates 0000h-to-094h-to-098h, and reset-098h.bit15-via-0B4h.Bit6
- nds/wifi/help: added 1D0h..1DFh info, added notes on body[2] instead txhdr[2]
- nds/wifi/help: confirmed 0B4h.Bit6, added 030h.Bit7, added info on 094h/098h
- nds/wifi/help: removed incorrect/unconfirmed rxbuf_begin/end-latching-info
- nds/wifi/help: added txhdr[2], port[0C0h], port[0C4h], renamed EXTRA to CMD
- nds/wifi/help: renamed W_RXUNITS to W_RXTX_ADDR and moved it to status chapter
- nds/wifi/help: added notes on registers affected by powerforce (and by irq13)
- nds/wifi: reflects powerforce to rf_status (unreported pictochat-lite problem)
- cpu/debug: replaced invalid tmb high-opcode error message by optional warning
- cpu/debug: disassembler shows invalid high-opcodes as such (thanks vladimir)
- cpu: emulates invalid add/mov/cmp thumb high-opcodes-without-high-registers
- joysticks: fixed unstable vint_inputs code (occassionallly skipped joysticks)
- nds/wifi/dslite: debug-iomap recognizes channel-number for type3 RF registers
- nds/wifi/dslite: emulates type3 RF registers (reading, writing, and initial)
- nds/wifi: emulates reading from RF chip, emulates initial power-on RF values
- nds/wifi/help: added RF2958 (aka RF9008) datasheet info (thanks Tim Seidel)
\o/

gadi800

ok so I tested this emulator with zelda, and for some reason it's WAY too fast, is there anyway to make it better? (EVERYTHING is fast, I dun even know how to stop the frameskip)

EDIT: btw my emulation speed is 16.78 MHZ, Realtime Auto

EDIT 2: ooh btw, I tried using slowdown x2, it worked but then when I put sound it had normal sound and it went bak to going super fast

EDIT 3: here's a video on youtube http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q2tFqhRCm3E I couldn't make a sound and the dimensions don't match that of youtube so then now the vid will be pretty wide

Last edited:

alexfd

Darn, I cannot save in MMZX Advent... when I save at the gamesave points it always wants to start a new game after resetting. and the Snapshots do crash the game -.-

Does anyone have a solution?

spotanjo3

Darn, I cannot save in MMZX Advent... when I save at the gamesave points it always wants to start a new game after resetting. and the Snapshots do crash the game -.-

Does anyone have a solution?

Mine is perfect. make sure it is EEPROM 64 and reset cartridge. It is perfect for me. I almost finish this game now! :D

ok so I tested this emulator with zelda, and for some reason it's WAY too fast, is there anyway to make it better? (EVERYTHING is fast, I dun even know how to stop the frameskip)

EDIT: btw my emulation speed is 16.78 MHZ, Realtime Auto

EDIT 2: ooh btw, I tried using slowdown x2, it worked but then when I put sound it had normal sound and it went bak to going super fast

EDIT 3: here's a video on youtube http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q2tFqhRCm3E I couldn't make a sound and the dimensions don't match that of youtube so then now the vid will be pretty wide

I don't know what's wrong. Mine is fine with Zelda and I am almost finish it as well. :)

j3bus

jebus
wow this emu rocks, as everyone said the emu is pretty fast i would say 100%!!!
and the 3d of most games are better like the intro of pokemon diamond, or the intro videos of megaman zx and zx advent!!!this emu is great,but still sprites with transparency :( , but its ok for me :bouncy:

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Woah, this sure makes up for the slowness from the previous version, the speed improvements were far from great. Some games run 100% without having to use Unlimited MHz Disaster, although some not as smoothly than others, probably because of frame skipping.

spotanjo3

It is getting better and better. It is going to rock Desmume down in the water! HAHA!

NeonDs, iDeaS and no$gba are waaaay better than desmume. I like desmume but it is too slow and dont update very often. :p

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It probably has something to do with the newly-implemented 3D frameskip feature, but final Fantasy III runs beautifully up to the point where you get out of the first dungeon. After this, the game slows down and gets choppy.

It is also a rather jarring feature that, should you try to load a game and you've got the wrong savetype selected, the next time you run the game with the correct savetype, your savegame(s) will probably be corrupted beyond repair (happened with FF3).

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Yeah, happens with me too, but only with FF3 so far. no$gba sure would distance itself from the other emulators if the autor added an auto save type detection feature :)

Does this also happen if I leave NDS Cartridge Backup Media option on None? I wouldn't mind having to change it every time I went play something as long as it doesn't corrupt the save file.

ALIMAMÁNHAVADAÊ

ALIMAMÁNHAVADAÊÊÊÊ!!!!!!!
O M F G
The emulator is perfect.
All then c'mon, download it and apreciate the best nds emulator.
Full compatibility in most games, 3d, sound and speed!
This emulator kick ass all. Perfect, perfect!!! SIMPLY PERFECT

Last edited:

gadi800

Mine is perfect. make sure it is EEPROM 64 and reset cartridge. It is perfect for me. I almost finish this game now! :D

I don't know what's wrong. Mine is fine with Zelda and I am almost finish it as well. :)

hmmmmmm, can you tell me your computer specs???

Speyeker

*drools* This looks like just what I've been looking for all this time!!! :D:D:D:D

So, can someone test Mega Man ZX (the original)? Is it 100% speed, no errors, etc.? And what save type should I use if I were to play it?

spotanjo3

*drools* This looks like just what I've been looking for all this time!!! :D:D:D:D

So, can someone test Mega Man ZX (the original)? Is it 100% speed, no errors, etc.? And what save type should I use if I were to play it?

Yeah, it's perfect at least for me. Maybe you have different result, don't know. Go and test it. :)