What's new

Glide wrappers, SupraHLE,

CJM

What would you consider to be the best UltraHLE glide wrapper?
I have XGL200 and UltraHLP. What does the UltraHLP patch do?
How good is SupraHLE? Should I keep waiting?

flow``

flow``
there isn't really a "best wrapper".. depends on your vid card and what suites it

try evoodoo, xgl200, gl2ideal, or openglide. those are the ones i would recommend..

Ultrahlp lets you do things not included in uhle.. like joystick support, and just more options and things

suprahle is worth the "upgrading", it increases comp. a little bit and fixes bugs and speeds it up a little afaik.. the best way it to try it and see for yourself

OP
C

CJM

Ok what would recommend for a PC with a Intel 810 1mb Vid card?
XGL200 runs good, but I do have a 600mhz with 128mb ram.

I finally got PJ64 to get more than 6 FPS, turns out, it was the buffers. I thought it was my Video card.

1mb

The Shadow

With a 1M onboard video card, you'll need to upgrade it to at least a 16M video card to use any decent emulator or PC game.

OP
C

CJM

OH, brother...........................

You have no idea what your talking about, UltraHLE, and PJ64 both run at higher speeds than the N64 itself, although sound is choppy.

I have had no problems with this card, it is fast and has incredible compatibility with games.

Tribes2
Nascar Heat
ST: Armada
Red Faction Demo (Runs perfectly)
Deus Ex
The Sims (Runs fine untill I burn set my entire yard on fire)
Star Wars E1 Racer demo (runs great)
Age of Empires II (never slowed)

Acorn

True, I have been able to get many things working well on a 2MB S3 virge.... that doesn't mean both cards don't suck. I've not researched this, but I'll assume that the card isn't actually 1mb? /did you mean 16mb? Because the i710 or whatevers had more than 1 meg of memory...

To be able to fix problems, its best to use a more popular card. A geforce 2 mx 400 32mb or tnt 2 ultra 32mb would help a lot, and only cost about 60$ each.

Then again, since your card is built in and your happy with performance, simply try xgl2000 and evoodoo for ultrahle. If they work good, then... good ;) If not, there is not much you can do. Corn is a good emu for low-spec systems, but it doesn't run very many games.

In answer to your orig question, my favorite is xgl2000, but only because I knew the author ;)

OP
C

CJM

I'm sure it is a 1mb vid card.
I haven't had any trouble with it I couldn't fix, I have almost gotten Zelda OoT to run perfect on PJ64.

Corn doesn't work with my games.
Nemu isn't work the trouble.

Thanks for your assistance.

flow``

flow``
nemu isn't worth the work?
uh.. you dl nemu and the INI of your choice (and audio beta if you want)..

uhle is much more harder to setup then nemu..

Acorn: do you still have contact w/ scott cutler (xgl author)?

i tried to email him a few times w/ no success

OP
C

CJM

I'll try nemu again.

If I can figure out how to get it to work right, I'm going to do that myself thanks.