What's new

Wow, thanks!

Tesla-Guy

"Hello Tesla-Guy,

We at EmuTalk.net would like to wish you a happy birthday today!"

This is awesome 6 years since I vanished from the emulation scene, and the only happy birthday email i get is from emutalk :)
I don't think anybody remembers me, i was 14 back then anyway, and I don't use this retarded nickname since 2002 :)
Thanks emutalk server for the email :)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Well, you can thank the mail notification system. :p
Anyway, may you have a Happy B-Day. (και μη το παρακάνεις). ;)

Cyberman

Well, you can thank the mail notification system. :p
Anyway, may you have a Happy B-Day. (και μη το παρακάνεις). ;)
kai mh to parakanais - and not to "of ..." I'm not sure what conjugation you are working on there Psy at least I know the declension of the word LOL. (Thou shalt conjugate sensibly young man). if you had used paraklete that would have been easy for me :)

Cyb

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Well, that would translate to: "and don't overdo it".
You don't expect to understand Greek using babelfish, right? I mean... that's almost impossible even if you're Greek. xD

Cyberman

Well, that would translate to: "and don't overdo it".
You don't expect to understand Greek using babelfish, right? I mean... that's almost impossible even if you're Greek. xD
Babel Fish? I probably should have tried that. para was easy to understand kan(a or os) was not obvious and my book on greek is currently burried at the moment sadly. As I said I understood the declension but that middle word lost me LOL.

I think its worse trying to use an online greek dictionary sometimes for these things! :D

I suppose a translation would be "and not to overwork" even though it's likely a phrase that's the equivalent to "and don't overdo it" language like it or just be quiet ;)

Cyb

PS happy post birthday Tesla

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
OK, here's a "word to word" translation then:

"και" = "and"
"μη" = "don't"
"το" = "the" or "it" or it's completely missed on the translation. It's the 2nd case here. :p
"παρακάνεις" = "overdo" ("παρα" stands for "much" and "κάνω/κάνεις/κάνει" for "I do/you do/(S)he does")

PS: You do quite well with your Greek so far Cyber, keep it up! :)

LelandStanford

"Hello Tesla-Guy,

We at EmuTalk.net would like to wish you a happy birthday today!"

This is awesome 6 years since I vanished from the emulation scene, and the only happy birthday email i get is from emutalk :)
I don't think anybody remembers me, i was 14 back then anyway, and I don't use this retarded nickname since 2002 :)
Thanks emutalk server for the email :)

Six years... I think I first encountered this place around that time. Things have died down since N64 got emulated. Dolphin is epic, but not as many people have paid attention to it (probably because they don't have 64-bit OSes).