What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

New Goldeneye texture project

Jacques

I finished retexturing Goldeneye menus. I managed to find out how were the grey alphas chartacters working, so have a look at my work and tell me how you find it.

You will also find in game characters made by sick deal here for a complete high res characters game experience.

I am currently having a look at kerber2k work on multiplayer texture and might try to finish it. It's sad that he left without uploading his last work. The pictures he posted were amazing. I don't know if i will be able to do any good with real textures, it's something harder than a simple character.

You will find kerber2k texture work here

I'm wondering why is no one working on a texture project for this game, it's simply the best game ever made ! It's at least as good as Zelda and Mario. I wish someone would help me, Djipi, Federelli, Risio and many people in this forum are so talented ! Help me make this amazing game even better !

Legend

I think it was Kerber who actually posted a pretty complete pack on the PJ 1.7 site available for download now. Unfortunately as you said, there are no other packs, which is weird. You need Jabo 1.7 to run his, but maybe its textures can be used in your project or maybe he can help you make a pack that works with Rice's and Glide64 so more people can appreciate his work.

sick deal

hey there, good job thus far.

did you have any plans on making textures other than the font related stuff? The official font used in this game is 'zurich'. I actually made high quality lettering for the entire game, the 'bank gothic' font which I actually posted and you mentioned above, and the 'zurich' font set. I cannot tell just by looking at your letters if you used the right font, but I can upload my letters if you are interested.

OP
J

Jacques

I think it was Kerber who actually posted a pretty complete pack on the PJ 1.7 site available for download now. Unfortunately as you said, there are no other packs, which is weird. You need Jabo 1.7 to run his, but maybe its textures can be used in your project or maybe he can help you make a pack that works with Rice's and Glide64 so more people can appreciate his work.

Well, I thought that Kerber had left since his profile page shows that he last logged in may. That's good news if he's still active, but I don't have access to the private members section of project 64. Maybe you could tell me some way to contact him.

sick deal said:
hey there, good job thus far.

did you have any plans on making textures other than the font related stuff? The official font used in this game is 'zurich'. I actually made high quality lettering for the entire game, the 'bank gothic' font which I actually posted and you mentioned above, and the 'zurich' font set. I cannot tell just by looking at your letters if you used the right font, but I can upload my letters if you are interested.

The font I used is Arial mixed with MS sans serif for some characters that weren't exactly the same. There is some misalignment though.
Tell me how did you find out for the Zurich fonts ? I searched the whole web but couldn't find anything.
Too bad that you didn't publish this character set, I could have worked on the textures by the time :(

I am currently learning how to use Gimp, but I'm a beginner with no skill so it's going to take a long time. I don't know if I will really do something here, it depends on my learning curve and my spare time. I'm not making anything if it doesn't look any good.

My first try at retexturing a bullet hole from scratch :

That's not so bad, but it's too far from the original and quite unrealistic. I don't know how to make a cement aspect from the wall and to make it look deeper.

Anyone knows a good tutorial for GIMP ?

sick deal

I think that bullet hole looks pretty good.

Here is the entire zurich set, in case you were interested. I used many font recognition software programs to find out the exact font used in the game. The biggest give away for zurich was the '&' symbol, which is quite unique and found in only a few fonts.

Legend

Sorry, I wish I could find a way for you to contact him, but there's nothing like that on the PJ64 site. It looks like he's still working on his as of Aug. so that's good. His pack looks unbelievable, I wish some of it could get incorporated here. Maybe he'll run across this and you guys can get together maybe. He swapped Pierce's face in the menus with the same shot, but not from the N64, and it adds alot to the polished look of his pack. You should see it sometime. It might also be good for ideas and such!