What's new

Any DS emulator that can play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl?

ofirissmart

I've been really itching to play these too, but I can't seem to find a emulator that runs them, is there any emulator that can run them currently? Thanks in advance :D

daksunt

well if the important thing is to run the game then I suggest you no$gba. Use 2.4d as it seems ok to run it. However don't expect the game quality be same as playing on ds or better than ds.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes, you can. All DS emulators I know support touchscreen emulation using the mouse.

synch

Dont use desmume. It's sucks!

Very kind coming from you... Be more respectful in the future, it's not like you're proving to be able to do better.

In fact, I was working again on the public CVS these weeks, but seems I'll just stop it, as only the linux/macos folks seem to enjoy desmume. This kind of attitude is what keeps us from releasing any code changes to the public, so getting (or not) what you deserve.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Very kind coming from you... Be more respectful in the future, it's not like you're proving to be able to do better.

In fact, I was working again on the public CVS these weeks, but seems I'll just stop it, as only the linux/macos folks seem to enjoy desmume. This kind of attitude is what keeps us from releasing any code changes to the public, so getting (or not) what you deserve.

Yeah, that's true. I have no right to say that. I am sorry about that. I like desmume but I do not know why it is so slow and ideas and no$gba are ahead of desmume more advance ? That's what I want to know. :)

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Well, Try developing an emulator some day... Optimization is unimportant in heavy development stages. Its not so surprising when you get into the code and try improving a trivial problem and the optimized code is 10x harder to work with.

And as for the "only the linux/macos folks seem to enjoy desmume" line, thats a bit disappointing that we're an only just because we're the smallest group :(

Actually, I'll be honest, I didn't know DeSmume was opensource or ran on Linux. I would've gotten it by now. I probably will get it sometime. Right now No$GBA and iDeaS work absolutely great in the latest Wine GIT, and its great. As for touchscreen support, its trivial if i remember correctly - you just put two integers (don't know the size but i could guess its 8 bit or 16 bit, or we could look at another DS emulator) and change a bit of memory for if its being touched or not. I'm not absolutely sure.

Last edited:

synch

I like desmume but I do not know why it is so slow and ideas and no$gba are ahead of desmume more advance ? That's what I want to know. :)

Mostly because I don't care to release most of my code, and there aren't any other active devs working on desmume atm, that I know of. The reasons why I don't care to release most my code would become a VERY large post, which I won't write now. It's like this, and probably won't change ever, at least for speed related code.