What's new

Graphics and Speed problems on Demul

TheKittenLord

Demul is the best emulator for Dreamcast for my computer. However, it is unplayably slow and the graphics are unplayably bad. Is there going to be any releases that have better speed and graphics? There are also audio synchronization problems.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The reason why it unplaybley slow is because the CPU Interpreter is enabled by default. Changing it to Dynarec helps considerably. There's nothing you can do about graphic problems unless you have an integrated graphics chip, in which case you can for get trying to play Dreamcast games on your computer.

Nevertheless, you shouldn't even be using Demul. Try Makaron or nullDC instead.

d1337r

All emulators that I know (nullDC, Demul, Chankast) that can run Sonic Adventure 2 have a bug. When you get to 'King Boom Boo' boss, its shadow (that must be hit) does not appears at all, with any screen settings. Maybe I will be more lucky with GC version...

Xtreme2damax

All emulators that I know (nullDC, Demul, Chankast) that can run Sonic Adventure 2 have a bug. When you get to 'King Boom Boo' boss, its shadow (that must be hit) does not appears at all, with any screen settings. Maybe I will be more lucky with GC version...

I know that this thread is a couple weeks old not, but for those who haven't heard (Probably everyones already heard) this might be good news for us DC emulation junkies:

That problem should be sorted in the next release of nullDC, you can find info on it here.

According to Ngemu's main page, there is hint the next release of nullDC is going to happen soon.:bouncy:

Also news of the upcoming nullDC release on Ngemu's main page here

A quote from Bobbi of the news on Ngemu's main page:

Bobbi said:
Now the usual question is - when can you expect a new release? The good news is that, even though no date has been set yet, the release is pretty close (we're talking about weeks, not months any more) - we'll of course keep you updated here on NGEmu should there be any news on this!