What's new

Ripping DS models

synch

If you want to rip them in their original form, there're extractors of .nds, iirc. If you want them on a more usable format, use some 3D capturing program like OGLE with some DS emulator. As of now, no released DS emulator has a 3D export function.

Someone!

Hullo!
DS Lazy exports them in a format that has not been cracked so someone can make an importer for it. Some people have made progress, but have not have released anything.

Ogle doesn't work on me. Either the GUI version does.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
DS Lazy exports them in a format that has not been cracked so someone can make an importer for it. Some people have made progress, but have not have released anything.

Ogle doesn't work on me. Either the GUI version does.

Hrmm... gives me some ideas. :naughty:

Last edited:

spotanjo3

That's why I dont know if it is allow. I will have to talk to moderator first and show them the tool and if it is legal then I will post it here. :)

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
There should be various Direct3D and OpenGL ripping tools that can rip the current frame of a whole scene out - I've done it for about every 3D emulator out there.

If your using a DirectX graphics plugin, you'll need something that rips DirectX streams, not OpenGL as many have been hinting here. 3D Ripper DX does just that.
http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

synch

If your using a DirectX graphics plugin, you'll need something that rips DirectX streams, not OpenGL as many have been hinting here.

WRONG! Both no$gba and Ideas use openGL, so you'll need an openGL ripper, else you will get nothing on your output. I've personally checked it a few minutes ago, I can paste the executables function import list in case someone doesn't believes :p

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
WRONG! Both no$gba and Ideas use openGL, so you'll need an openGL ripper, else you will get nothing on your output. I've personally checked it a few minutes ago, I can paste the executables function import list in case someone doesn't believes :p

Hence me using the word IF. >_>

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I've already used one that supports both but uses DirectX by default. And if that emulator happens to be popular still (Forget what its even called) ATI users would likely be forced to DirectX mode. That was the point, if nothing else.