What's new

Super Smash brothers.

Mountain

My copy of Super Smash Brothers crashes project 64 whenever I try to move the selection hand up to the characters for multiplayer character selection. I have tried changing the video/graphics plugin, and that doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas?

D

Desert Drifter

Not sure of your PC nor version of PJ64, but try disabling: "Advanced Block Linking" Go to: Settings menu - Advanced tab. If no difference, change it back, must be the video plugin setttings, maybe you should post that and settings as well. :)

Hippy Tesla

*****fest
Not sure of your PC nor version of PJ64, but try disabling: "Advanced Block Linking" Go to: Settings menu - Advanced tab. If no difference, change it back, must be the video plugin setttings, maybe you should post that and settings as well. :)

What connection ABL has with emu crashing? Isn't it affectable only in MemPak supported games?

OP
M

Mountain

I have Project 64 version 1.6. It isn't my computer that is problematic, I know, because my computer is a brand new Dell XPS gaming computer. Could it be issues with vista? Oh, and changing ABL didn't work.

D

Desert Drifter

I have Project 64 version 1.6. It isn't my computer that is problematic, I know, because my computer is a brand new Dell XPS gaming computer. Could it be issues with vista? Oh, and changing ABL didn't work.

Sorry about the ABL, thought you were gettting break point errors. :) Maybe your extremely fast PC plus Vista is causing lockups. Not sure if PJ64 is compatable with Vista nor tested on it... What video plugin are you using? Try using another? Running out of suggestions here. :p

OP
M

Mountain

I'm just using the Jabo 3.8 that comes with project 64. What is another decent plugin?
It seems to only happen with Super Smash Brothers. I downloaded a second copy of it from a different site, but it does the same thing- I think it might be the same one. I don't know whether it is the rom or my computer.

D

Desert Drifter

I'm just using the Jabo 3.8 that comes with project 64. What is another decent plugin?
It seems to only happen with Super Smash Brothers. I downloaded a second copy of it from a different site, but it does the same thing- I think it might be the same one. I don't know whether it is the rom or my computer.

3.8? You mean 3D 8? Should work on that version, but if not, try selecting the 3D 6 input and see if that works better. :) Running SSB on the 3D 8 plugin on a PIII 866 PC with a Geforce4 video - 64MB, so should definally work much better and faster on yours, though works perfect on mine so far, though a small lag here and there.

D

Desert Drifter

Yeah, 3d8. Already tried it with 3d6. No luck.

Let me try it out with 1.6 myself and get back to ya... Maybe I might get the same problem here... :) Using a higher version.

EDIT: No lockups on my end, just lags here and there when loading or heavy animations. If other games work okay, then it can't be Vista, try checking "Limit FPS" option to see maybe the rom is loading too fast and causing the lockups. If that doesn't work, list your graphic seetings for me, maybe something is off or making it run too fast, which I think is the problem.

Last edited: