What's new

Banjo-Tooie & Jet Force Gemini Errors...

D

Desert Drifter

Not going to meantion the version I have, already got hacked for it, though paid $20 "worth it" bucks for it. Anyhow, get the error: "Copyright sequence not found in LUT. Game will no longer function" everytime I load the two games, though loaded fine on 1964. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Maybe someone knows what LUT stands for? Might help to find the problem. Found that "Advanced Block Linking" prevented a lot of other games from running, so must be a setting. Also, maybe someone knows how to fix "screen appearing off monitor + lagging horribley" in a couple of games. Thanks and hope I'm not causing a problem here. :)

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
wasted money.

The ORIGINAL GAMES are copy protected (or something like that), all recent emulators can emulate them perfectly without hacking the rom....

for the other problem...post your computer specs (CPU,RAM, Video Card and its drivers version, OS, motherboard, etc)

OP
D

Desert Drifter

wasted money.

The ORIGINAL GAMES are copy protected (or something like that), all recent emulators can emulate them perfectly without hacking the rom....

for the other problem...post your computer specs (CPU,RAM, Video Card and its drivers version, OS, motherboard, etc)

Alright:

-On PC:
*Compaq Desktop EN - Intel chipset
*PIII 866 w/384Ram w/Win2000 Pro
(No service packs installed)

-W/Video:
*Nvidia GeForce4 MX440-SE DDR AGP 4x 64MB
(Drivers? Don't know, but came from Windows update...)

-Using Directx:

-Using Plugins:
*Jabo's Direct3D 8.1.7.0.53 (Feb 9, 2007)
*Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2
*N-Rage’s Direct-Input8 V2.1.82
*RSP emulation Plugin 1.6

Don't understand, how do I fix the roms to run? Tried changing video plugin, but does the same, though no problem on 1964, just tons of blacked out graphics in JFG, probably not emulated well, though Banjo seems a tad slow and laggy. Thanks. :)

OP
D

Desert Drifter

I sent you a PM a while back, you should read it.

Sorry, didn't popup for some reason.... Thanks though. :p

Okay got both games working now, just need some tips to speed up a couple of laggin games: Donkey Kong/Gauntlet legends/Goemon/ & Castlevania LOD, though would like to fix the major sprite visibility problems in Spiderman... Thanks. :)

NOTE: Forgot about certain games that display half off screen on menus.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
that video chip is and will not be good enough for 1.7 anyhow, the best usage will require a DirectX compliant video card, rather then a Dx8 compatible card

OP
D

Desert Drifter

that video chip is and will not be good enough for 1.7 anyhow, the best usage will require a DirectX compliant video card, rather then a Dx8 compatible card

Actually the card is made for DX 9.0, but don't install it because Win200 doesn't want to "recognize" it, since I don't have the Service Pack 4, but gets errors when installing and can't get it to upgrade... Reason why I'm using and stuck with DX 8.1...

Clements

Actually the card is made for DX 9.0, but don't install it because Win200 doesn't want to "recognize" it, since I don't have the Service Pack 4, but gets errors when installing and can't get it to upgrade... Reason why I'm using and stuck with DX 8.1...

All GeForce4 MX cards are DX7 compliant only (no shader support), therefore installing DX8.1/DX9 won't enable hardware shader support for that card.

OP
D

Desert Drifter

All GeForce4 MX cards are DX7 compliant only (no shader support), therefore installing DX8.1/DX9 won't enable hardware shader support for that card.

That was according to Nvidia, but maybe upgrading the card would solve the lagging here and there plus blacked out graphics in certain games? Maybe you have a suggestion without draining my pocket there...?

Will DX 9.0 really make any difference? Just curious...

Thanks. :)

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
thank you clements, im sure i could've said that myself LOL :p

Detonator 40, through to 50, supported emulated shaders on the MX cards.