What's new

Kit of development of Xbox, pirated...

Do you think that THIS is right?

• Yes! Now X-Box will be as popular as PlayStation

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes! It will enhance our knowledge of the Machine and let us develop for it.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Noo! They're just trying to make money with pirate copies of games!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! It took away all the challenge of the Reverse enginering.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

neoak

Triforce of Something...
Translation from a spanish news site Meristation Magazine :thumbsup:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kit of development of Xbox, pirated... The tool, well-known like SDK, has fallen into the hands of a group of pirates who has made it public through Internet.

The SDK or Software Development Kits are the tools that the console manufacturers provide to the developers so that with them they make his work. They are, therefore, a tool of creation of videogames in which all the details are implicit, like for example the antipiracy protection system, of the machine to which it corresponds.

Then days back the news that it has to the SDK of Xbox like protagonist, by reasons has jumped to the arena that nothing they have to do with the normal use of this type of tools. The pirate group called Accesion has been able to take control of a copy of this kit and it has made it public through Internet, with the intention of, in a future, to be able to hack Xbox so that they are possible to be played in her with pirate games.

Let us remember that Xbox is at the moment invulnerable to any method that it intends to take an illegal copy of any title, thing that can change if these individuals obtain their illicit ones. The pirates, in addition, have allowed the luxury to insert an announcement, where they show his intention to recruit to people "with knowledge of hardware or development of Chips" to obtain his intention. For obvious reasons, this article does not include page connections or forums underground, place where the news jumped in the first place. :sly:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
¿What do you think about that? ???

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
That article has to be one of the most unclear things I have ever read. Did the writer actually know english for more than a week before writing it?

Anyway, I'm not really sure what that article meant. Did it mean that the developer emus have been stolen and are now available on the internet?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, it isn't quite right to pirate stuff like that...
But it's still good so that we can emulate the console. We'll save money! :p

mesman00

What's that...?
Originally posted by Raging Fuel
That article has to be one of the most unclear things I have ever read. Did the writer actually know english for more than a week before writing it?

It was written in spanish, and neoak just entered it into one of those web translators, which we all know suk.

OP
neoak

neoak

Triforce of Something...

A little. My english isn't very good, and with an article of this size, well... i thought that was better to translate it...

And Slougi :sly: ¿WHERE IS IT!!? :plain2:

Last edited:

Slougi

neoak: just look around. It's just an SDK, so I don't think you will be able to do anything with it. Other people might though.

OP
neoak

neoak

Triforce of Something...
CpU MasteR said:
I have it... It is Crap, Can't do anything with it...

And what about Utopia and the Dreamcast SDK... I remember that all said that the SDK was useless, but, taran!, DC Boot CD!