What's new

Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Shinuki Max! Vongola Carnival!! Problem

gadi800

ok so I've been playing this game on No$gba 2.4E for quite awhile now, and it worked perfectly (with abit of sprite problems, but that's not the problem right now), so I just got No$GBA 2.4F, and I went ahead and tested Reborn! out. I went to the game menu where u choose the minigame and pressed on the available games. It went into the beginning of the part (where there was a black figure getting targeted by a gun) then after that it crashes, is it only me or does other people have this problem too?

Last edited:

Ody

Hi gadi800,

I just tested this game on No$gba v2.4f and the emulator crashes just as you described, and it happens all the times I tried (5 times in total).

EDIT: [Forget what was written in this edit, I was wrong, read my last post instead]

Last edited:

spotanjo3

You are talk about minigames for wifi ? Am I right ?

The wifi is incomplete. Read the site to make sure because he said it is not complete yet. Mine didn't crashed.. just stopped because of wifi incompletion.
By the way, it is EEPROM 64kb. :)

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Awww, RockmanForte gave the answer before my edit... :p

Oh, sorry! :saint:

I guess I am right about wifi things he wondered about. Mine didn't crashed at all. It was just frozen. :cool:

Last edited:

Ody

@RockmanForte: I was joking :p
Actually I think he wasn't using the wifi... the scene he described is obtained when you choose the first option and not the second one (which means literally "Communication").

@gadi800: Anyway, I made a more deep testing. It seems that even though the correct save type is EEPROM 64 KB, the cause of the crash is not the save type but the emulator speed. In a nutshell, the higher the emulation speed, the less likely the emulator will crash. If you have set the speed at realtime or less, then the game crashes almost always. If you set something higher (for example Unlimited MHz 10%, Disaster), then the emulator doesn't crash that often. And this is valid whether the save type (of course a wrong save type will prevent the game from saving correctly).

So the solution to the problem is:
- open your game
- go to Option->Emulation Setup
- choose a high speed (Unlimited MHz 10%, Disaster would be the best)
- choose also EEPROM 64 KB as your save type
- click on 'OK' and go to File->Reset

Just a note of precaution. what I said above is just the results of empirical testing and the "real theoretical" cause may be something else. It just seems to work with what I suggest above. There may be other better solutions that will work for sure but for now, all I get is that.

Good luck.

Ody

Well, it works from time to time. What you can do is to pass that scene with the high speed and then set to realtime speed again. From the three times I just tested, the emulator didn't crash.