What's new

Getting Good Speed

Haren

well its easy to get a good speed all u guys got to do is use the Tick modifier in the emulation option it doesnt work fast in intros but in game is really good using the tick modifier 4 can make u have 30 - 40 fps with a really bad computer the problem is that the games sometime just freeze i dont know why :S:S...

im using a amd athlon 2100+ >.> 512 mb ram and a geforce fx 5200 :p i can get 40 fps even 50 using tick modifier 4 and dynarec playing naruto clash of ninja 2 but the games just freeze sometimes =x=x=x=x

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
What's the Tick modifier?

It seems I'm only getting 14-18 fps in Skies of Arcadia Legends, and my hardware is pretty up-to-date. I'm not complaining since SoAL is now playable though, just interested in getting as much FPS as possible.

NepSquare

The tick modifier was removed (or disabled) in x64 Beta3, don't know if it's needed anymore or that it produced more instability in x64 but it's not listed anymore....

Knuckles

the tick modifier changes the timing of the Core. Problem is, the more speed you get, the lest compatible / Stable games are. A lot of games don't even boot up with it or just instantly crash.

minidre

yea thats my problem with naruto clash of ninja 4 when i use the tick modifier 4....it even wont work for tick modifier 2! only 1 works and i get a best of 6 fps when i actually play, but on the menu screens it shoots up to about 50...anyone know any way i can bring up my gameplay fps?

Hockey

I just played SSBM and tried a couple things to improve my performance. The GCOS 1.5 actually worked and increase my fps to 6 from 4(In game). Is there any other tips to getting SSBM to work faster? My specs are:

AMD athlon (TD) XP 2500+
1.74 GHz

512 MB of ROM

Sapphire Radeon 9200SE Graphics card.

Highest colour quality is 32 bit.

P.S I used dynarec.

minidre

whats GCOS?....heres my specs
AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core processor 5200 + 2.60 GHz
1918 RAM (idk how i have that much it came with it like that, it said it had 2048 on the box but w\e)
32 bit operating system
NVIDIA GEforce 6150SE nForce 430
i have a vista computer =(
i use dynarec

LelandStanford

GCOS only works as a method for the 32-bit version. The speed gains are minimal.

Athlon dual cores aren't as fast as Intel but you'd get pretty good speed with those on 64 bit anyways.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
I never could get GCOS to work. In version 1.02 the input plugins refused to work for me and in 1.03.2 it just wouldn't load GCOS.