What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

New Conker textures!

Bx2

Bx2
Hey everyone, Ive tried my own attempt at retexturing Conker. I have not done much yet, but i just wanted some opinions before i continued. so far, Ive redone some of the poo level, and some random other textures. here some screenies:

pic 1. Notice the water textures

Pic 2. Notice conkers eyes

Pic 3. notice the great mighty poo and the pool of poo he's swimming in

Pic 4. Notice the back beam behing old man Poo

so let me no what u guys think, and if u like it, ill post the textures for everyone to enjoy, and manipulate :happy: (i hope u think its good :fullmop: )

(also, can u let me no how to gwt rid of the white box in the upper left hand corner of the screen when conker is in the scene? Thanx!)

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
also, can u let me no how to gwt rid of the white box in the upper left hand corner of the screen when conker is in the scene? Thanx!

The white box is a framebuffer error. The texture in that box corresponds to Conker's shadow. AFAIK, you should be able to set the plugin to ignore that particular effect.

OP
Bx2

Bx2

Bx2
hey guys,
Im really sorry but last night my dad went on the computer and deleted my textures, I tried undeleting them, but most of them came up as giberish, so i dont if i still have them or not. However, I will be redoing them if they are gone, and ill even try to imrove them a little :) I will be posting all my new work as soon as possible at homebrewheaven.net under the same username and possibly the same thread name to make it easy, so if u wanna check it out there within the next week probably...
sorry guys (damn i new i should have posted them last night!)

Last edited:
OP
Bx2

Bx2

Bx2
hey, I thought id post my new textures here as well as homebrewheaven, so... here they are. Ive redone some of the first level with the scarecrow, and ive made all my textures higher resolution (i didnt even no before that u could resize the textures, so all my previous work was in 64x64 images!) anyways, i will list the changes the same way i did last time

pic 1. conkers eyes have been redone (i dont no if i like them, so give me some feedback if u like them or not)

pic 2. i redid the grass, the water, and the stone walls.

Last edited:

Kazangwa

The path looks incredible, but work on it blending with the drops on the sides of the cliffs. It looks really out of place.

OP
Bx2

Bx2

Bx2
oh this is just a rough of the final product, im only working on the biggest textures right now such as the water, grass, paths, etc ill work on the fine details later, or wen i get more experience :)

also, im downloading live and reloaded to rip the textures from that, so mabe that will aid me in my finer details (im at part 19 of 33 so it might be a few more days)

Im done downloading! I must do some experiments... (lol the "professor" :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Datadayne

watch out. If you are downloading live n reloaded, you cant directly use those textures. Its illegal to redistribute those textures. You will have to replicate them manually.

OP
Bx2

Bx2

Bx2
More Conker Textures!!!

Hey!
its been a long while, Ive been kinda busy lately, but luckily I found time this morning to throw this together. Ive done about 80% (Mabe) of windy, so basically the bigger textures, but not the finer details. Lemme no what u think!
PS: srry but I had to use a rapidshare link, size was too big to upload here

DOWNLOAD TEXTURE PACK:
http://rapidshare.com/files/119415507/Conker_BFD.rar.html

Link to original thread: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=42070&highlight=conker

Last edited:
OP
Bx2

Bx2

Bx2
k, thanx for the feedback death--droid ill see what I can do to make the path better

Legend

Were those screens with Glide64 or Rice? Cause there is a bug related to the too "repeaty" thing on ground textures. That was fixed in the latest Glid64 1.0. So maybe its present in Rice and that's why it looks like that.

OP
Bx2

Bx2

Bx2
im using rice 6.1.4, but the texture is repeating because I made it like that, ill mix it up though and make it better though 2morrow afternoon.

Legend

No, its bug. See Glide64 1.0 below with your pack.

This is why everyone should try (and probably just use) Glide64 - especially with this game (sure flawlessness) and especially since it displays hi-res packs more accurately. :batman:

EDIT: Ok, somethings going on with the server and I can't upload a pic right now, but if you try it yourself in Glide64, you'll see for yourself.

OP
Bx2

Bx2

Bx2
Im not taking any sides here, but comparatively speaking, the rice plugin is currently doing a better job:

Legend

Sorry I don't know why the hell I can't upload any type of file to emutalk right now, otherwise I could show what I'm talking about. I guess its something on my end if you can upload fine.

But I found out what going on - its the "LOD Calculation" setting in the "Special game settings" tab. Forget the packs right now - try loading the game with the hi-res loading option off on G64. If you load the game with the LOD set to "Fast" or "Precise", then the textures are more spread out. That's how it supposed to be on the real console and that's why its set like that in the ini (that you can change if you want) and that's why it looks that terrible with your pack. But you can set the LOD to "Off" and everything will at least look just like Rice's - but again, I guess that's not the right display. This other Conker BFD pack I have works fine with the LOD to the correct setting of "On".

So I think that's what you want to do in order to solve the problem right now - get compatable with the LOD "On" in order to be accurate when emulated accuratley. I hope all that made sense...

microdev

Sorry I don't know why the hell I can't upload any type of file to emutalk right now, otherwise I could show what I'm talking about. I guess its something on my end if you can upload fine.

As far as I know, attachments are currently not working with the board. Upload your images to www.tinypic.com and link em here.
You do not need any account or something for tinypic. Just upload your pics and insert the link here as image tag.