What's new

[Help] camspy trouble in Perfect Dark

step2ice

Hi,

I use the latest version of Project64 and have a issue with the camspy in the game.

It basically looks like this...

camspy.jpg

Is there any plug in or workaround to fix this glitch?

Any help is highly appreciated.

OP
S

step2ice

Ok,

I followed the description in your sig and I get this error.

failedplug.jpg

I put everything in the right folder like your description says.

Besides, the compability list says:

"Slow" and "Sky is missing".

So even if this works it's not the 100% solution.

Is this the only plug in who fixes the camspy?

And isn't glide 3dfx/Voodoo related?

what is your graphics card?

GeForce 7800GS 256MB OC

The rest:

P4 3.2 Ghz
SB Audigy 2 ZS
2 GB RAM

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
that should be enough to have it work. in the game try selecting it by holding the a button and see if you have the same problem.

OP
S

step2ice

I don't know what you mean "by holding the A button".
This way the cam just closes the focus over and over, still messed up/white picture.

At anybody...
Is there another emulator which emulates this game well and without major glitches?

Legend

The game is almost perfect with this plugin now if you spend a little time making sure all the settings are correct and if you have a decent rig. The next version of Glide64 which is coming out real soon has this game - I'll say it- 100% perfect with full FPS (if your comp can handle it). Sky and everything...so stay tuned for that!

The next best thing is Jabo's 1.7 which you have to spend 20$ to access. So how much is your PD gameplay worth to you? :p

mudlord

Banned
So how much is your PD gameplay worth to you?

Well, some......................people will do anything to make the donation negotiable...so, the cost you mentioned doesnt come into the equation for them, since there is people out there who expect everything for free and get all shitty if isn't. They just don't see the logic in donating, but just the means in getting what they want. Even if it is highly buggy....

That said, the purist approach would be to use Glide64, since we know accuracy is better than speed.....even though the video card needs to be quite recent to handle it -.-

OP
S

step2ice

The game is almost perfect with this plugin now if you spend a little time making sure all the settings are correct and if you have a decent rig. The next version of Glide64 which is coming out real soon has this game - I'll say it- 100% perfect with full FPS (if your comp can handle it). Sky and everything...so stay tuned for that!

The next best thing is Jabo's 1.7 which you have to spend 20$ to access. So how much is your PD gameplay worth to you? :p

Well, when my cashflow reaches a acceptable level again I'd be positive to spend that ammount.
If I can't play the game right now, then I can't play the game, thats ok for me.
I just try to find a solution, if there isn't any, fine.

As for the Glide wrapper.

You said I should take some time to configure it right.
Well, the problem is, that it doesn't even run on my machine, see my post above.
So I guess GeForce cards are not supported or at least the 7th series isn't.

So my only chance would be the 20 bucks thing but that I can't really afford right now and I even don't know if this will work at all.

Anyways, thanks for your help even if I'm sitting in the dark right now. :p

Legend

Are you sure you put the wrapper in the EMULATOR root folder - not in the plugins folder? You only get that message when you did not put it in the right place.

The wrapper supports all every card out there and with your setup, you should be able to use it just fine.:matrix:

OP
S

step2ice

Are you sure you put the wrapper in the EMULATOR root folder - not in the plugins folder? You only get that message when you did not put it in the right place.

The wrapper supports all every card out there and with your setup, you should be able to use it just fine.:matrix:

Dead sure.

glide3x.dll -> ../emus/N64/Project64

Glide64.dll
Glide64.ini -> ../emus/N64/Project64/Plugin

And as soon as I click on settings when Project 64 is open I get the error.

Clements

Jabo's released plugins at least allow you to see when using the camspy. They just don't emulate the lens effect like Glide64 does. Just don't use the (E) version of the game, the effect is broken with that particular ROM and Jabo's D3D8 plugin.

Last edited:

Legend

Jabo's released plugins at least allow you to see when using the camspy. They just don't emulate the lens effect like Glide64 does. Just don't use the (E) version of the game, the effect is broken with that particular ROM and Jabo's D3D8 plugin.

There's also many other effects missing like the farscope, IR,etc. Not fully playable IMO. I would try to get Glide working or spend 20$ to have access to the brand new PJ64 (well worth it).

The 7 series should not be having this big of a problem like this. Weird...