What's new

need help with ver 1.6

daniel13789

for some reson i cant install the files... when ever i try to this keeps on poping up

error.jpg

and i am just wondering... whats a msi file and how do i get it/find it :plain:

or if its ok... can one of you guys send the files to me

Last edited:
OP
D

daniel13789

The MSI file is embedded into the Project64 1.6 installer.

if you are saying to browse to the installation file and then hit ok...*tries it* damn it didnt work.... is it ok if some one sends me the folders through some file sharing site or somthing

OP
D

daniel13789

ummm... i still dont know whats going wrong.. so if its ok can some one please send me the files through a file sharing site=]

Jabo

Emulator Developer
As Agozer mentioned the MSI is embedded into the setup.exe that you download from http://www.pj64-emu.com

In order to get the MSI out of that EXE refer to the following website http://community.installshield.com/archive/index.php?t-95039.html

once you extract the MSI out of the SETUP.EXE you can click "browse" in that dialog and tell it where the MSI is

normally this is not necessary, I really have no idea how you managed to get this issue ...

OP
D

daniel13789

this is getting so damn annoying :angry: my computer dosent have a local folder in the (user) folder...maybe i should give up

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The folder could very well be hidden. IIRC, Window's Find doesn't automatically search hidden directories/folders.

OP
D

daniel13789

but it cant be hidden because on my settings i put it to show all hidden folders... but thank you all for the help anyway:plain:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
the easier thing you can probably do is backup whatever saves you have in your existing installation... then run the setup.exe from pj64-emu.com to Uninstall your existing broken installation, then re-install it....

OP
D

daniel13789

the easier thing you can probably do is backup whatever saves you have in your existing installation... then run the setup.exe from pj64-emu.com to Uninstall your existing broken installation, then re-install it....

tried it... didnt work... but i did get version 1.5 to work so maybe ill just use that one instead

teknomedic

I wonder if you're trying to run/open this from the internet VS downloading the exe onto your PC and then running it???

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
download the Windows Installer Cleanup tool.

install it and check for Project64 in the list, if its there, remove it, this will clear any existing information for its installation and allow you to reinstall it.

OP
D

daniel13789

download the Windows Installer Cleanup tool.

install it and check for Project64 in the list, if its there, remove it, this will clear any existing information for its installation and allow you to reinstall it.

OMFG IT WORKED. THANK YOU SO DAMN F*CKING MUCH:happy: :HAPPY LIKE SHIT: (lol) THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME. YOU GUY'S ARE THE GREATEST:cool: :emutalk: