What's new

Skipping audio

Whitebread

I downloaded Project64 and a few ROMs a few hours ago, and attempted to play. Initially, video worked flawlessly, but I had no audio. I consulted the FAQs on pj64-emu.org and switched to the zilmar audio plugin and disabled RSP audio lists to audio plugin. This gave me audio, albiet skipping audio. I then read deeper into the FAQs and found that my problem is well documented and that a thread on this forum had been established to deal with it. I followed the link and was sent to a dead end page with no information on it.

I then came here and searched with a few different keywords. Much of the information I found was over 5 years old and I feel, is no longer pertinent.

Here is my system configuration
Windows XP home
Epox EP-9NPA+ Ultra
2 gigs DDR g.skill at lowest achievable stable timings (I forget the actual numbers right now)
Opteron 165 OCed to 2.5ghz
MSI ATI X1600PRO
Creative EMU-0404 Pro sound card (can only handle PCM streams via Kernel streaming or K-Mixer at a minimum sampling rate of 44.1khz)
Plenty of free HD space (and I mean plenty)
Project64 v1.6
Drivers updated as of last month

Would anyone be able to provide some help?

Thank you.

OP
W

Whitebread

I seem to have the best luck with the Zilmar audio plugin. Buffer size has a dirrect effect on the frequency of the interruptions in sound. The lower the buffer size, the more interruptions per second.

mudlord

Banned
Well, with Jabo's DSound plugin, you need to untick "Send Alists to Audio Plugin".

Jabo's plugin is not a true emulator, moreso a simple output plugin for the game. You could try ticking "Sync game to audio". I also find Azimer's HLE audio plugin has a very low to nil occurrance of buffer problems.

OP
W

Whitebread

I had "send Audio Lists to AUdio Plugin" unchecked with Jabos plugin to no effect. I Also tried Azimers plugin. I got no audio whatsoever.