What's new

PCSX-Linux woes! CD Help.

Locutus92

I have PCSX for Linux running Ubuntu 7.04. I'm trying to use PCSX to run my old Playstation discs but I can't get it to work. I have all the plugins that I've been told (on ngemu site) I need. When I run the program, and try to run the game, it just shows the dialog box to configure the plugins. It doesn't see the CD-rom plugin! Can anyone tell me a good Linux plugin to use to run Playstation games from the original discs using the CD-rom drive?

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
i had the same problem mate.

I searched all over the net for the plugin but to no avail. :(

Cyberman

Well the problem is not a simple one. I suggest making an ISO image of the disk and use those with a ISO plugin in PCSX or ePSXe. That's what I did, ran REALLY slow though because I was using an 800mhz machine and did not have GLX installed for my GF3 (yes I spent 250 bucks on the thing and it I never got the drivers for linux LOL).

Cyb

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Well the problem is not a simple one. I suggest making an ISO image of the disk and use those with a ISO plugin in PCSX or ePSXe. That's what I did, ran REALLY slow though because I was using an 800mhz machine and did not have GLX installed for my GF3 (yes I spent 250 bucks on the thing and it I never got the drivers for linux LOL).

Cyb

That would be perfect but the plugin (either cd or iso) seems to be no where to be found.

Its like the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow :plain:

Cyberman

Ironically I just looked in this sub and noticed the question so I looked and new the answer since I had struggled with it before. I litterally 'felt your pain' :D

Cyb

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Ironically I just looked in this sub and noticed the question so I looked and new the answer since I had struggled with it before. I litterally 'felt your pain' :D

Cyb

Haha!

Thanks for that :)

I'm not using Linux atm, I used to up until my pc's cpu blew up :(

I'm now using a laptop and just waiting for my Ubuntu & Kubuntu Cd's to arrive in the mail and il back on linux :D