What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Carios F-Zero X retexture

1Cario1

I have tried out all the F-Zero X Packs that i could find but any of them was complete.
Thats why I began to create one on my own
I don´t have that much experience as you guys but i´m still improving my skills.

i have just retextured the menue? yet but i would like to have some feedback.

Just look at these Screenshots and tell me your opinion(I hope that you can see the diverence between the retextured ones andd the old ones. :))
fzerox3dk3.jpg

fzerox0je6.jpg

fzerox5eq9.jpg

fzerox2sf6.jpg

EDIT:

Reupload of the latest version for old times sake:
Feel free to edit anything, add anything delete anything or upload dumps of missing files etc. To make it simple: Feel free to use it or play the game with these textures. It might not look like much, but it is probably the most complete Pack for F-ZERO X even several years after i uploaded the latest version here.

extern link:
http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/97285580/file.html

Thanks to Brod who probably had the last remaining copy :)

Attachments

• F-ZERO X.7z
    8.4 MB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:
OP

1Cario1

Well...
I have retextured most texts in the game and now i have started retexturing the tracks...(And many other things)
Just look at the screenshots or download the updated pack and tell me your opinion.
This time i´m pretty sure that you can see a difference between the old and the new one:drool:
old
fzerox8sv5.jpg

new

OP

1Cario1

Just another update....
which contains
-a view vehicle shadows and this glow when you accelerate
-MANY new tracks
-some background stuff
-and lots of other things

Cause i don´t want to upload so many screenshots just look at these or download the pack.
...the HUD isn´t done by me.Just the numbers that tell you the speed...
fzerox0pi7.jpg

fzerox6hx3.jpg

fzerox5co9.jpg

It would be great if someone could tell me which ones i should redo and which i should keep.

Well just another update...

I just wanted to let you know that i have retextured every singe track in the game(some of them not realy good but the pack is still in progress).
And i think all the background stuff(the skyscrapers,the advertising on the sides of the track ,the ground etc)
I still have to do the buildings in the background and lots of other stuff but the size of the pack has duobled and it includes more then 200 new files so i thougt that may some of you would like to try it out.

Brod

Your Pack

Hi,

I' m new here, I' m a F-Zero X fan ( who built a lot of custom tracks ), just found this topic today.

I always wanted to change FZX textures !

I tried Speile pack ( No the full pack I think, I used an old link, no Firefield or sector ... ) it looks great !

I d' like to try yours for sure, can you add a link here or give it to me by PM.

Thanks a lot.

Datadayne

I just want to tell you that I really like your pack 1cario1. Keep it up. Dont give up.

Please continue this pack. You only get better from here.

Datadayne

ctatumt

Hey Carios what version rom are you using because it doesn't seem like all the textures are loading.

Thanks!

OP

1Cario1

Well if you are talking about the letters which are showing the weight/name of the vehicle then I have to tell you that i have the same problem...
I have retextured about 100 of these but everytime i´m loading this menue(selection screen?) i´m seeing the untextured ones.I have dumped these and retextured them but it doesn´t seems to change anything.
(I hope you can understand my bad english)

Is this what you ment?
--> F-ZERO X (U)

ctatumt

Yeah, I'm using the (U) rom also and things are'nt loading right but anyways other than the textures that are'nt loading the ones that are look great!

Hope you keep this up!

Thanks!

Brod

re

1Cario1 I got to say that you did an awesome job !

Your pack looks great !

As a long time FZX fan it' s very strange to see that but I like it, you keep the original siprit and colors of the regular textures but now they' re just impressive !

Amazing !!!

Please continue, keep on the good work, can' t wait to see your pack finish !

OP

1Cario1

Nice to hear that you like it...I´m looking forward to finish my pack someday...altough i won´t be able to redo everything.

And....
I have just uploaded a new update...nothing special but may you would like to comment on it.I mean i want to hear what you dislike because editing these files will make the pack better.

It includes ca. 200 new files
e.g:
-My first try of an HUD
-The Mini-Maps of the Jack Cup
-Some more vehicle Shadows
-The loading Screen Logo
-the Flames of this box where you choose the game mode

If someone of you wants to help me finish my pack just do so...upload your files and i will include them. Every file that you create is a step in the right direction.

OP

1Cario1

Well you can´t realy see how it looks ingame by watching screenshots but for sure i´ll show you some.
Just look at the last 2 those are showing the new HUD(Not finished)

OP

1Cario1

I really do need some help with this texture...
I´m not able to redo it but i have to;)
It´s already resized but i don´t know how to redo it.....
Therefore i´m asking all of you for help!!!

And this is how it looks ingame(unretextured)

And something else...
I do want to retexture the characters infront of this image!
So if anyone does know where i could get hi-res images of the drivers of F-Zero (X) please tell me!

Thanks
(The next update is coming soon)

Legend

Looks Great!! I love this game!!! Hope you continue your work!! :halloween

External link is down though. I really hope I can get my hands on it somehow. :x

Last edited:
OP

1Cario1

I was looking forward to release the next update in a few weeks but cause you are asking for it i´ll upload my current work...(there are some parts missing but so you are able to tell me your opinion about it.

I have added
-the minimaps
-most parts of the HUD
-remade some tracks
-added some of the buildings in the background
-the vehicle Shadows
-and lots of text

Here some examples of the new tracks

And the downloadlink
Download

Legend

Looks pretty freakin sweet and the download works fine. I'll leave feedback later after checking in out. Appreciate it!!!

Nevermind this post...:sombrero:

Overall terrific. The menus look great and gameplay and HUD look better than other packs I've seen. I like the little Matrix touches as well. :matrix:

Currently, it is missing some of the character icons - there's only like 8 out 30 or something. Though the rest can be found in another F-Zero pack - I'm sure you'll have the missing ones in next build though.

I do not like the slashes "/" used for the HUD though. They're in the odd shape of a thunder bolt and since it doesn't look like a slash, it becomes harder to read quickly. See screenshot. It just looks out of place and weird. The only other thing I could find to criticue is the speedometer could be changed as well to something nicer. I saw this looking real good and changed in a different pack, but the decision is yours of course. And i'm sure you have a plan for the "extra ships" icons on the HUD so I won't mention that.

But you've done and will probably continue to do a great job and I can't wait for the next pack!! See ya! :bouncy:

EDIT: If you haven't found anything yourself, i found this. Maybe it might help. http://f-mode.planets.gamespy.com/games/fzx/pilots.html
This is the best I could do after a long search. The last resort could be buying the original instruction booklet (if all characters are inside) and scan that and hopefully get a nice result. I found one on Ebay for like 3 dollars shipped.