What's new

NO$GBA saving prob

semmis

:angry: :angry: When i saved a file,my file got the .sav file.But when i open the rom,it didnt load the .sav file,WHY?

and this is the 2nd prob,the snapshot.When i load a snapshot,it says "the rom image had crashed" why

Ody

Write/load snpashot (save state) doesn't work for NDS roms, it works only for GBA roms.

As for your save problem, in general, you didn't use the correct save type. But if you are playing Pokemon Diamond or Pearl, then the latest version v2.4d cannot load save. Use v2.3c.

OP
S

semmis

Oh thanks!You really gives me a big help ^.^ But the link is changing to the lastest version so there is no way that i can download the 2.3c version of no$gba:(

Last edited:
OP
S

semmis

Oh my,1000000000x thanks for you for giving me sooo much help.Okay,but ody,how do i know that which rom use which save type??

OP
S

semmis

Agrahh another prob comes out! i used the right save type and i play for a long long time and long long story already.But,after a error,you know that send or don't send that one.My .sav file got prob.For example:1st i went to route101,than i play for a long long time till route 202,i saved and restart the emulator.It got saved.But after the error,my games goes back to route101.Why??

Ody

Depending on the situation, you sometimes have to reboot your computer in order to have your save file secured.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
reboot ?What means?(sorry i am juz a 12-year-old boy heh)
Reboot, as in restart your computer. Which is kinda ridiculous if one has to reboot the computer just to make an emulator save file written to the HDD.

Ody

Well, it's not that ridiculous actually. I know that earlier versions of No$gba needs reboot. With the two latest versions, sometimes, reboot is not required. And yes, I know what I am talking about.