What's new

no$GBA can't save Rune Factory game

eddygunaw

I can play Rune Factory english version (1330) using no$gba but I can't load its save file. Has anybody try the game in no$gba yet?

Ody

Neither No$gba or iDeaS can save this game (and DeSmuME doesn't run it at all). It seems the rom has save issues on emulator and there is nothing to solve this problem as of yet.

chocobobop

No$gba (at least my 2.4a) can save it just fine if it has an existing save file. I've used my AR Duo to pull my save game out of my Japanese version, convert it to a ds save file using shunyweb's AR->DS save converter, and then put the .sav file in no$gba's battery folder.

RF is very picky when it comes to loading saved games. Sometimes you'll get to the new game/continue screen, and other times it won't load at all. You'll have to restart the emulator and try again until you can get to new/continue, then hope again that the program will even load the save game and not get stuck on "loading..."

The Japanese version is just as picky when it comes to loading saved games as the English one.

but I can't load its save file.

It'll load if you keep trying. Sometimes I can do it the first time launching the emu, other times it takes me 10 minutes or so of restarting before it'll actually load.

Last edited:
OP
E

eddygunaw

No$gba (at least my 2.4a) can save it just fine if it has an existing save file. I've used my AR Duo to pull my save game out of my Japanese version, convert it to a ds save file using shunyweb's AR->DS save converter, and then put the .sav file in no$gba's battery folder.

RF is very picky when it comes to loading saved games. Sometimes you'll get to the new game/continue screen, and other times it won't load at all. You'll have to restart the emulator and try again until you can get to new/continue, then hope again that the program will even load the save game and not get stuck on "loading..."

The Japanese version is just as picky when it comes to loading saved games as the English one.

It'll load if you keep trying. Sometimes I can do it the first time launching the emu, other times it takes me 10 minutes or so of restarting before it'll actually load.

Thanks chocobobop, I follow your instructions, and yes the RF game can be loaded, it can also be saved. But it takes pretty long tries to load the game. NDS Cartridge Backup Media which I used is EEprom64Kbytes.

Last edited:

AxierLionheart

Heres how you do this, make a new game while changing save thingy to FRAM 32
and then save manualy. States will NEVER work. You have to reset it a couple times to get it to load, but It is a save.

Edit: Yes, Im talking bout no$GBA. IDK bout any other ones.
Edit two: I am using latest version when I tried this. I dont know about previous versions.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Credit goes to:

EEPROM64KBytes

Yes that's it. It works for me with that , and I'm up to the second cave.

Try resetting the cart or restarting no$GBA, and make sure you have that choice set all the time, don't change it.

I back up the saves now and then to another folder just in case too.

Sometimes the intro movie freezes up when you click in too, but if you set it to 100% speed it usually takes me from 1-15 times to get it going. Clunky but it's a fun game!

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Hmm... EPPROM64 wont work for me... I guess it might be that Im running on Vista that I use FRAM 32.

No, EEPROM 64 is what this game require. The emulator have a little bit problem with this game and will be fix in the next version or in the near future. For now, you will have to keep try to save and it will save successfully up to 10 minutes. You gotta to keep try. :)

Sometime for the first time it will save and sometimes it doesn't then you will keep try try until you finall save it.

AxierLionheart

FRAM32KB Works just fine as well. Just as a little note. Also, it sometimes has issues with joystick input if anyone plays with a controller or something.

spotanjo3

That's great to know. Accord to the save size said eeprom 64 but fram 32kb works which is probably the best one I dont know. :)

rafaelinux

Well, I'm bringing this thread back, as I don't see any way to solve the problems mentioned before...
Look, 1st, as everybody knows, you start the game (with eeprom64/fram32, tried both), you go, play, blahblahblah, save, and exit... Well, you run no$gba and... puff!, no Savegame!!!.. ... :|... oh my god!, and I played a whole month!!... I was at summer already :S...
Ok, here I go again.. playing playing playing... saving, playing, etc... Exit, reenter, and well, the savegame IS there, but it takes 20 - 30 emu restarts to get loaded.. I can bear with that.. I continue playing, lalala, everyone's happy, BUT, I save (3 or four times), and, even if you look at the BATTERY directory, ... the romname.sav WON'T update, not even change, modify.. nothing!... so, even so, I exited from the emu and well tried running it again but... ..mm... you guess, old savegame.... 2 weeks lost in oblivion ¬¬....
---
Tried every save-type, deleting .savs, starting all over, etc... but.. the game just DOESNT want to save at all!, no battery changes... just to confirm that, just now I tried and started a new game, with no battery at all, so NO$GBA had to create one...
Went past the naming the farm part, went to the house, saved...
opened another instance of the emu.. and no... no luck, no save found.
Saved 5 times more in the first emu, but, no, the emu just wouldnt want to create a save....
exited
and..
well
Still Rune Factory wont save for me... (just sometimes, random.... you know... once every 3 or 4 reallife hours..)

Any way to solve this? I'm running NO$GBA 2.4e.. is there any version that does better than this one?
iDeaS is waaaay too slow for me... won't run fast.. and, music goes all awful.. no..
so.. has anyone got a way to save and load correctly (or at least save correctly) in this game with (any version) of NO$GBA?

Thanks in advance, me.

---edit: 20:38 GMT-3---
Did a fresh "installation" of no$gba + runefactory rom... and.. the game doesn't save. Plain that. No saving enabled.:plain:
You know, started the game, saved... 3, 4, 50 times, while watching battery directory... and no file appeared over there. bad :(

Last edited:

rafaelinux

You CAN load

Well, as some of you say you just CAN'T load, try this...

link to a video.
http://rafaelinux.uyserv.com/descargame/dl/download.php?retrying%20works.avi
see ya!

---btw I found some ways to get the game to save EVERY time.
Enter your house slooowly, DONT PRESS THE TURBO BUTTON
save without pressing the turbo button, one or two times
leave the house, enter again, save again.
tadaaa... saved. (unless youve broken your .sav file beforehand..), use eeprom64k as always.. be happy.

Laetus

Yes

This Totally worked. Raf, I don't know how you stumbled upon it, mais c'est magnifique! Now i can emulate its position as my bros christmas gift.

Thanks!

foreverandever-

Yes, it is frustrating.

-RF is very picky when it comes to loading saved games. Sometimes you'll get to the new game/continue screen, and other times it won't load at all. You'll have to restart the emulator and try again until you can get to new/continue, then hope again that the program will even load the save game and not get stuck on "loading..."- by chocobobop.

i have no idea how you get it running the first time you turn it on, it takes about 20 mins average for me...
just get my bro to do it while i make him lunch :D
yes, barely ever goes on to the new/continue page, despite getting past the loading... page... but yes, it does work!
just need a lot of patience.
but if you're like me and know that harvest moon is worth it, you'll do whatever it takes to get the game going :D

GamerAeon

-RF is very picky when it comes to loading saved games. Sometimes you'll get to the new game/continue screen, and other times it won't load at all. You'll have to restart the emulator and try again until you can get to new/continue, then hope again that the program will even load the save game and not get stuck on "loading..."- by chocobobop.

i have no idea how you get it running the first time you turn it on, it takes about 20 mins average for me...
just get my bro to do it while i make him lunch :D
yes, barely ever goes on to the new/continue page, despite getting past the loading... page... but yes, it does work!
just need a lot of patience.
but if you're like me and know that harvest moon is worth it, you'll do whatever it takes to get the game going :D

And bring up threads that haven't had a post in nearly a year.:evil:

dreamdust26

rune factory, it wont load!

i have save it but i cant load it?why?:angry:

the link for the video is broken? link again please

Last edited:

exsonic

I really can't load the game at all (Using No$GBA 2.6a). It loads the movie, but after that, it is just a blank screen. How can I fix that?