What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Alizaid's Super Smash Bros. texture pack for Link's and 1P mode stages

CrashDance22

I ripped that logo ^_^
I don't have much of an eye for texture art like DataDayne and DDRPIP, but I will tell you that the bricks look sort of plain, but the wooden step looks awesome. About the windows, it's a texture, so it can be retextured, you just have to know how to handle transparency. I use Gif Movie Gear to enable transparency in my images.

OP
Alizaid

Alizaid

The brick texture:
View attachment 36837

The roof texture:
View attachment 36838

The platform texture:
View attachment 36839

The yellow brick road texture:
View attachment 36841

The flat roof texture:
View attachment 36840

Yeah, the bricks seems plain, most likely because I replaced most of the textures dumped in that stage to the brick texture and that the bricks are small. The platform isn't wooden as shown above, and it does look alot like the texture that UnaidedCoder showed. I will do the window textures later on. Thanks CrashDance22 and UnaidedCoder being the first two to give feedback.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
hmm.. they don't match.. ya know?
the changes in colors vary to much, it doesn't have a theme; and it is kinda bland.
just brighten them up and add some color
but it's a good start i suppose; keep working on it.

Last edited:

Datadayne

The platform texture does not match the everything else. Its not bad but not something I would die to have. Keep working on it, I am eager to see what you will do with the characters.

OP
Alizaid

Alizaid

Changed the platform colour to match the brick colour:

View attachment 36848

Also, by any chance do you have any oval window textures with no background? I seem to have trouble loading them in without the white background.

Datadayne

Also, by any chance do you have any oval window textures with no background? I seem to have trouble loading them in without the white background.

what image editor do you use?

If you use photoshop, then use the background eraser tool.
If you use gimp, then add an alpha transparency to your texture.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
way to sharp.. hurts my eyes... go for simpler textures.. not bland but not too hard..
those just stand out way too much; try adding your own colors and come up with something new

OP
Alizaid

Alizaid

Yeah, mabye I should make my own textures instead of searching for them in google. Besides I have Photoshop version 9 which has options that will automatically changes the tones of the textures since I'm not much of an artist.
Another thing is that I'm planning on doing the background.
Once I'm done with this stage, I might do the others stages.

OP
Alizaid

Alizaid

Changed the texture colors to more beige themed, and made them less sharp.
The textures should'mt hurt anyone's eyes now.
The texture were modified by me. I couldn't make my own textures because my art skills suck and the filtering options in the photoshop program wasn't as good as I thought since they make the textures look more sharp:

View attachment 36873View attachment 36874
View attachment 36875View attachment 36876

I'm still working on the windows and the castle spikes on the very top.
I will do the background soon.

Last edited:
OP
Alizaid

Alizaid

Darkened the textures a tad making them look more stylish and added windows.
Replaced the Hyrule castle icon picture in the stage select:

View attachment 36911View attachment 36912
View attachment 36913View attachment 36914

The window on the very top seems to fit in, but the other windows have pixels all around them. I tried to use the background eraser tool but it doesn't seem to erase them.Also, the background textures of the stages are divided into thin strips and I can't seem to find background textures of link's stage. If any chance can someone please attach the background textures?