What's new

An issue with Sonic adventure

fifty

Hi all! 1st of all, im new on the forums :)

Ive been playin sonic adventure on the chankast emu for a while now, and it crashes at the same place every single time, its really annoying :(

It happens after the scene where amy has been kidnapped by the robot, i get into the train for mystic ruins and then right after showing the mystic ruins image the emulator crashes :S

Ive tried meddling with the CPU speed, but it didnt help me at all :S

Anyone has any idea how im supposed to get it to work ?

Thanks in advance

The Lump

OH MY GOD! Well I finally got everything for NullDC and couldn't even start the game(sonic adv.), what should I do :(

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What happens when you try to boot the game in nullDC? You need to give us more detailed information, you know.

Last edited:

The Lump

Sorry, when I open the game up nothing happens, I even try to re-open the file but it
doesn't even bring up the dialog box. I check it's debug window and it brings up an opcode error...

P.S. - I thank you for your FAST replies :)

Herecles

it might be that you haven't configured the emulator properly. have you been able to get any games working on it?

Herecles

do you have any other images to try on the emu. if they dont work then you have the emu configured wrong. also double check you have the bios/flash files and that the emulator knows where they are.

The Lump

Well I have both the files, I have no other game and the emulator freezes straight away when I open the game :(

Besides my hard drive disk space is dieing...

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The problem has to do with the bios files. Replace dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin with new ones.

The Lump

I just realized something; the emulator works with dc_boot and dc_flash while other emulators work with dc_bios and dc_flash. What the heck is going on? I have the correct files for the nullDC and I know this because the emulator actually detects the files...

I'm confused and need help :(

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
nullDC's Dc_boot.bin is simply a renamed Dc_bios.bin. That's the only thing going on.