What's new

Big problem

MrFigi

Ok I'm having a problem with installing project64. When it's done installing I click the finish button but after I do that, nothing happens. It dosen't even think it was installed at all. I keep constantly trying to install it but nohing happens. It dosen't even give an icon my desktop or anywhere else for me to click on. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, can some one please help me?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What folder did you install Project64 into?

Nothing happens after t he install if the one option ("Run Project64") or something similar isn't checked. Also, did you check your Start Menu for Project64 entries?

OP
M

MrFigi

Well I just install into my documents. And yes I clicked my start menu to look but found nothing.

OP
M

MrFigi

Wait dose project64 require this program I herd of called WinRar? Because alot of things I've seen usualy require it.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Since Project64 doesn't come in a compressed RAR archive but in a Microsoft Installer package, the answer is no.

Check Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs and see if Project64 has an entry in the list. If it does, uninstall it. If an entry doesn't exist --> Reinstall to a new path and folder, let's say C:\Games\Project64. Do either the Start Menu entries for Project64 or or the path and folders C:\Games\Project64 exist?