What's new

No$Gba Problem

fjrsm

fjrsm's No$Gba Problem

Whenever I start (for instance) Lego Star Wars II/Sonic Rush, the emulator says: The Rom-Image has crashed...

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
biosnds7.rom (16,384 bytes)
biosnds9.rom (4,096 bytes)
firmware.bin (262,144 bytes)

spotanjo3

biosnds7.rom (16,384 bytes)
biosnds9.rom (4,096 bytes)
firmware.bin (262,144 bytes)

You do not need firmware.bin. Go to options>emulation setup>change it to Start Cartridge directly>options>save option>file>reset cartridge and there you go. :)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Wasn't it something like the touchscreen not working in a number of games if firmware.bin isn't present?

spotanjo3

No, it's working. However, some games like Megaman ZX (E) will not be read in english and will remain in japan so you might want to stick to Megaman ZX (U) or use firmware if you prefer (E) version...however. :)

smcd

There is also apparently a 512kb firmware now as wifilib homebrew has been updated to support it... just a random fyi. My firmware (dumped myself) was only 256kb though

spotanjo3

There is also apparently a 512kb firmware now as wifilib homebrew has been updated to support it... just a random fyi. My firmware (dumped myself) was only 256kb though

I am not sure I understand. You mean firmware with wifi dump should be 512kb and my friend dump it for me doesn't include wifi but everything else is only 256kb ? Mine is 256kb as well.

OP
F

fjrsm

You do not need firmware.bin. Go to options>emulation setup>change it to Start Cartridge directly>options>save option>file>reset cartridge and there you go. :)

It's already that way. And when that message pops out, the emulator crashes...:ermm:

smcd

rockmanforte: no i was meaning that newer DS models apparently have 512kb firmware instead of 256kb... mine (bought in march) had 256kb.

EDIT: Bah, it appears the 512kb is only for iQue models (chinese). disregard me :)

Last edited:
OP
F

fjrsm

I got 0878_New_Super_Mario_Bros_KOR_by(ndsroms.blogspor.com) but no$gba-w_2.2f gave me the same problem...

synch

I got 0878_New_Super_Mario_Bros_KOR_by(*WAREZ_WEBSITE_REFERENCE*) but no$gba-w_2.2f gave me the same problem...

From the rules:

DO NOT!

* Ask where to download ROMs, ISOs or BIOSes
* Provide direct links to ROMs, ISOs or BIOSes.
* Provide links to websites that link to ROMs, ISOs or BIOSes.
* Ask how to rip ISOs.

OP
F

fjrsm

I'm so sorry I put a link in there...
@ RockmanForte: I know... I downloaded it but it still doesn't work... BTW, I can play Lego Star Wars II...

OP
F

fjrsm

I will do that tomorrow... But the game has a little problem: It's a bit slow. Want me to post a screenshot of my settings on the emulator???

spotanjo3

So you can run this game ? Yes, it is slow and some normal depend on 2-D and 3-D worlds in this game. There is nothing you can do about it until speed is improvement in the future. :)

OP
F

fjrsm

Here are the screenshots:
LegoStarWarsIIDS-Nogba.png

BTW... Is it possible to save states/create .sav files?

Last edited: