What's new

Mupen 64

B

Blade64

I was wondering if I could find the status of this EMU any where as I would like to follow it's progress!!!:inlove: Is there an official webpage? and is the authour on emutalk!!!

Martin

Administrator
The author is indeed an active EmuTalk member, and he listens to the name Hacktarux. As for status, check out the official website at mupen64.emulation64.com.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Time to make little progress status:
I had not much time to work on mupen64 since 1 month cause of personal things (exams, finalization of a big project, a new job and many other things i can't remember !) but i have made the following things since the last release:

- i have improved a little the compatibility by correcting many bugs. I think that i will implement a 100% very slow interpreter that will run in parallel with the dynamic core and an automatic comparison between these two cores, this will allow people to help me finding and correcting bugs.

- but i have not progressed very much on the core because i thought it is not very useful to improve it without having a corect graphic plugin. For this reason i have started to make a zilmar spec gfx plugin. I know... this is not compatible with linux but it is easier for me to work on the graphic plugin on very compatible emus : each time i discover a bug i know that this is due to my plugin and not my cpu core. ATM, my plugin only emulates the 2d rectangles of the RDP because i don't want to start anything else while all the texturing mode don't work. There's still textures that are displayed compleatly wrong.

- i have also started to work on a netplay plugin for 1964 but i have not all the hardware i expected to have when i accepted to try making it : i can't really test what i do. Maybe i will write some parts of this and see if anyone can continue the developpement/debugging work on this.

Rice

Emulator Developer
I think that i will implement a 100% very slow interpreter that will run in parallel with the dynamic core and an automatic comparison between these two cores, this will allow people to help me finding and correcting bugs.

Nice idea. Both 1964 and PJ64 have similar things, otherwise it is really hard to detect the errores in your dynamic core, even worse if you are using register caching.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Hacktarux said:
- i have also started to work on a netplay plugin for 1964 but i have not all the hardware i expected to have when i accepted to try making it : i can't really test what i do. Maybe i will write some parts of this and see if anyone can continue the developpement/debugging work on this.

w00t!!:colgate:

:blush: