What's new

MIDI to WAV convertor

mudlord

Banned
Heya!

Here's a simple app I wrote.

It converts SMF MIDI (GS/XG/GM) files to WAV, for conversion to MP3.

The main purpose of this, is that many apps are too complex (Timidity) or bloated (like some shareware solutions) to do the job. My aim is to write a simple application, that does this and does it in under 200KB. And plus, I was too lazy to do anything mentally strenous, like code pixel shaders.

You need SoundFonts for this to work.
This uses BASS to operate, so kudos goes to Ian Luck for the libraries.

Enjoy!

OP
mudlord

mudlord

Banned
A important notice

Some retarded antivirus applications will pick up the program as a virus.

This is clearly a false positive, and I will explain.

The BASS libraries (BASS.DLL and BASSMIDI.DLL) are wrapped in Petite, which is a custom compressor coded by the XMPlay developer (who also develops BASS). Secondly, the main executable is protected with a packer/encryptor known as NSPack, a packer coded by a Chinese outfit. The main executable itself is not malicious in any way, and never will be. However, due to the file being compressed, some stupid AV applications will detect the program as a virus, solely due to its CP.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

smcd

The .exe doesn't seem to be compressed for me (but it is written in VB apparently :p) No virus flag from AVG for any of the files

OP
mudlord

mudlord

Banned
(but it is written in VB apparently )

Try using Protection ID to scan for the packer :)

and yes, the application is written in VB6. Mainly to save time. I'm definately going to write a C/C++ version later though.

smcd

Ah, I tried PEID and it didn't pick it up nor did quick unpack - I should have recognized the PE sections had been renamed though :) Now to remember where the sound fonts I had went...

Miretank

Lurking
Heya!

Here's a simple app I wrote.

It converts SMF MIDI (GS/XG/GM) files to WAV, for conversion to MP3.

The main purpose of this, is that many apps are too complex (Timidity) or bloated (like some shareware solutions) to do the job. My aim is to write a simple application, that does this and does it in under 200KB. And plus, I was too lazy to do anything mentally strenous, like code pixel shaders.

You need SoundFonts for this to work.
This uses BASS to operate, so kudos goes to Ian Luck for the libraries.

Enjoy!
DUDE I LOVE J00 I was searching for some easy and fast midi tool convertor. Looks like I just found what I've been looking for. Thanks for the release! :D

OP
mudlord

mudlord

Banned
DUDE I LOVE J00 I was searching for some easy and fast midi tool convertor. Looks like I just found what I've been looking for. Thanks for the release!

No problem! Glad you find it useful =^_^=

This *could* be useful (I'll find a use for it). Thanks.

No problem.

And I started work on the C version, could be useful for a Linux/Mac port...