PDA

View Full Version : ePSXe Netplay

luminitis
July 15th, 2007, 12:28
I have found a plugin Cyberpad 1.4 with Kaillera client, and Cyberpad 1.0.

The only way ive got the Kaillera client to work (witch was for Zsnes) is you have to open the game then go to netplay and open it there, and have the person join your already opened game but for ePSXe theres no way to be able to do that, that ive seen,.

For the Cyberpad 1.0 ive been trying different plugins (keeping both player 1 and 2 the same) but still no luck, it goes to open the game, screen goes black and then client closes.

*Note* as advised from reading ive turned off sound in both computers and tried with it on, still same outcome.

Any help would be appreciated :cheers:

~lumin

Ma Chao
July 15th, 2007, 13:01
Zsnes doesn't have Kaillera, only direct netplay (did you mean Snes9k?). Does your computer, and your friend's computer meet the minimum requirements to play ePSXe (or the recommended requirements)? And do you both have a good connection speed (also check your ping on the server you're connected)? If none of this works, then maybe the game you're trying to play doesn't work on netplay.

luminitis
July 15th, 2007, 13:19
Sorry i was talking about ePSXe (Playstation emulator) and your right it was Gens emulator i was thinking about not zsnes.

In conclusion: Sorry about the mix-ups that was dumb on my part /slap forhead. But im in need of help on ePSXe Netplay, if theres any to be given :)

Ma Chao
July 15th, 2007, 13:23
Well, did you already try to check any of the things I said on my last post?

luminitis
July 16th, 2007, 01:25
Yes i made sure of those before i attempted emulation in general. The game im trying to play over Netplay is Gauntlet Legends, I know the game works on both computers but havent seen any forum etc to say GL doesnt work with netplay.

Ma Chao
July 16th, 2007, 20:28
http://cyberpad.psxemu.com/checklist.shtml

Here's a list of things you may want to try/check. Also make sure you both are using the same ePSXe and CyberPad versions, and don't try to pause the game with Esc.

luminitis
July 17th, 2007, 00:49
Aye yes ive been loooking at the site and list myself, i still need to mess around with a few things so ill keep you updated. Ive also been told that 1.60 was having problems with netplay and to try v.1.5.2 and perhaps v1.5.0 of ePSXe to see if that changes anything.

Have you ever used Netplay yourself?

~Thanks for the posts i appreciate it, no one seems to know about this, even though ive read plenty of things saying people have used it but never explain any details about it.

luminitis
July 17th, 2007, 04:16
Update:
I used ePSXe 1.5.2 and netplay worked with the Cyberpad 1.0 plugin, unfortunately the game gets async.

We have the same plugins, Bios, plugin setting and sound disabled (we played with sound enabled and we were sync for a couple mins then it gets async).
Last time we (bro and I) tried, it was saying on my screen his mem card didnt have a file to load btu on his screen it loaded fine, which was wierd.
We loaded characters just fine except for that last time.

When we were in game one time we went async and then it fixed it self somehow (think it was becuase we got on same place on game) then it went async again.

luminitis
July 20th, 2007, 14:32
Update: Got it to work but is there a way to get sound to play with netplay, since you have to disable sound for sync?