What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Datadayne's SSBB 64

Datadayne

Im starting a ssbb stlye ssb. Still in the begining proccess. I have done most of link and all of samus. And Fox's face aswell has been done. The problem with retexturing this game is that most of the characters are models with no textures. So this will be a hard game to tackle. Dont expect me to release anything anytime soon, im still busy with super paper mario 64.

I didnt want to post any screen shots yet but I was running into some trouble with the stages, I wanted to know if you guys know how to fix this. It seems that some textures dump but dont load.

If anyone can help me with this pack pm me. It will be appreciated and heplfull.

Have a look.

Spent a long time figuring out links clothes.

Pay attention to the face, the body is models.

Samus took me this whole afternoon

DDRPIP

The One and Only
wow, looking good datadayne~

but some textures won't load.. is there more than one of the same texture??
I had 2 of the same image, but I needed 3; here's the texture of what I mean?

but I like fox's eyes a lot, It looks good so far~

Last edited:

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
The improvement on Samus is seriously impressive. Looks much better.

I wish SSM didn't have such crappy models because they take away from the textures much more than many n64 games...........

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
link, auto-contrast his hair, make his lips bigger, and make the sheild top biggger, fox, un-cross his eyes.

dartdude6

Mmm... Retextures....
This pack looks great! the only suggestion I have is to make link's tunic lighter. It's too dark.

OP
D

Datadayne

This pack looks great! the only suggestion I have is to make link's tunic lighter. It's too dark.

You cant really make it lighter. The color for links clothes and tunic is loaded ingame rather then by the texture. Making it lighter will just make it very solid green.

but some textures won't load.. is there more than one of the same texture??
I had 2 of the same image, but I needed 3

I didn't see more than one texture, but I'll check again, thanks.

OP
D

Datadayne

No, there are no pairs of textures. I dont know why they dont load. I've seen packs with them loaded but mine are just not loading. I even tried for 1964.

I have textures for this stage

But thedont load.

I really need help on this. I have great textures I want to show but cant get them to load. Please help someone.

Someone has been able to do it, but how?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Isn't this Gecko Lee's background? He should know, right? Maybe he used PJ64 1.7? Just a wild guess

BTW, Samus looks hawt ^^

OP
D

Datadayne

Isn't this Gecko Lee's background? He should know, right? Maybe he used PJ64 1.7? Just a wild guess

BTW, Samus looks hawt ^^

Your correct. It is 1.7. All my textures load fine with 1.7

I realised how hard it is to retexture this game. Alot of textures are colored in game. So you cant really make a diference in the color. I dont know what I should do. I might discontinue this and just release the characters, or I might tranfer this pack to 1.7

It depeds, but for now im working on it for project 64 1.7.

Gecko Lee

Give 1.6 up. It's just a matter of time until 1.7 gets released to the public. Until there is no new version of Rice's plugin, Jabo 1.7 is the state of art and should be considered the best place to work at as it's the most compatible so far.

Reconsider creating textures for Jabo and think about contributing to already existing texture packages in order to create one final Smash Bros. overhaul.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Yeah, there are a lot of unfinished Smash texture packs, and also if it's easier to do with Jabo's, stick with it. It's better to wait until 1.7 gets a public release than seeing another great retexture project being left to waste...

mudlord

Banned
hires textures work fine here with SSB.....

Give 1.6 up. It's just a matter of time until 1.7 gets released to the public. Until there is no new version of Rice's plugin, Jabo 1.7 is the state of art and should be considered the best place to work at as it's the most compatible so far.

Not true. Glide64 will have hi-res texture support soon and that is more compatible in cases than Jabo's plugin. Also, development with Rice's video plugin is still very much alive and active.

Gecko Lee

As long as it is not released in any way, you cannot work for it. :cat: But, tell me more about how it will be more compatible than Jabo. It sounds pretty interesting. :party: It would be great if every single face could be extracted instead of having one texture for 2 faces. :)

OP
D

Datadayne

I started yoshi's stage and let me tell you, that background took forever to do. That background alone had 38 strips, when put together makes one pictures. (What a hassle) Too bad it screwed up my picture a bit.

Have a look.

Befor

After

You can compare it to the ssbb stage at the smashbrosdojo site.

Captian folcon.

Problem with retexturing him is, he is made of textured body but model legs and arms.

Peaches castle

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
I kinda miss the heart at the background on Yoshi's Island... Anyway, Cap Falcon seems to be wearing an armor... Got trouble trying to change the blue texture of the legs and arms to match the body?